Thread: Internet Message Access Protocol server closed the connection.

Internet Message Access Protocol server closed the connection.

I am using Window Vista and MS office 2007. I have created several email accounts in different mail provider, and I got the following message on one of my account. Then I have erased that account and recreated it, to no available. I have detached check box option to "send/receive after yyy minutes" and now it is blinking an advice error message. That is your IMAP server had blocked the connection. This is use to occur when I leave the connection idle state. Please help me.

Re: Internet Message Access Protocol server closed the connection.

One of my friends has got the same problem for months ago. He tried to fix this with several methods; some of them are very time demanding, some are easy but nothing appear to work. Then he has created new user profiles, and changed the security surroundings, servers, and also automatic send and receives protocol settings, removed all the folders from the AOL Mail web site, concluding mail connections on other machines, He has also changed its internet service providers(ISP). And I found server logging out error at every 10 to 15 min. Please help!!

I have met with the same problem during my study time but I have come up with the solution that I have given below.
    1. For that you have to install the thunderbird mail client and then configure the user mailbox on that.
    2. It will give you an error message "The current command failed to succeed. The mail server reply: Duplicate folders "Junk E-Mail" have been detected in the mailbox. So the user's connection was disconnected."
    3. And then you should check the server log and it will display you one more error saying same for the user: to solve this issues you should manually delete the duplicate folders by logging in the mailbox using.
    4. And then Login onto the user account mailbox using OWA and erase the "Junk E-Mail" Folder.
    5. And now the issue is resolved.

I have tried the above method of thunderbird. I have completed the first two steps but now I am not able to erase the "Junk E-Mail Folder". When have tried to delete it, it gives the message that you are not authorized to delete these files. What should I do to get rid of it? Please. Help me to get me out off this trouble. And what I should to solve my problem of outlook. I have Window XP.