Thread: Settings for TCP Optimizer

Settings for TCP Optimizer

I am having windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Few days back only I have taken an internet connection. While browsing across the internet I came to know about TCP optimizer. It is a tool or a utility which can speed up internet. So I downloaded TCP optimizer and I am unaware of the installation steps, settings that I have to do in TCP optimizer. I need a solution that will provide me steps for setting TCP optimizer.

Re: Settings for TCP Optimizer

After installing TCP optimizer you need to use optimizer to speed up the browsing. Optimizer can take the backup of the windows registry so that whenever you want you can restore it. Optimizer can also be set to different settings and you can test your speed. For selecting speed you need to follow the below steps
    1. Select the internet connection speed from the below slider bar.
    2. You need to choose network interface or you can check on the radio button next to modify all network adapter.
    3. Select optimal settings radio button from the bottom of the program.
    4. Click on apply changes and restart your system. The internet will run on the settings selected by you.

The advanced settings for TCP optimizer are as follows. The advanced tab if controlled and maintained properly then it also improves the performance.
    • Internet Explorer Optimization- By default HTTP 1.1 specs allows you to download only 2 files from the internet at a time. It is necessary to optimize your internet explorer so that it can allow you to perform more function.
    • Host Resolution Priority- It is used for improving DNS and hostname resolution. It allows downloading web page faster and has no effect on the download.
    • Type/Quality of Service- It is used for supporting the priority traffic.
    • DNS Error Caching- operating system has inbuilt DNS caching which picks ups the hostname that were accessed previously and loads its immediately.
    • LAN Browsing speedup-It reduces long waiting time when accessing folders on the network and speed up the LAN browsing.
    • LAN Request Buffer Size-This setting reduces network delay.

Speed is one of the features that most of us expect for browsing across the internet. After improving the TCP settings you can surf the internet with better speed. So for speeding up the internet TCP optimizer is a powerful tool or utility. It is easy to use, efficient user interface and also manages windows registry. For using TCP optimizer, you need to download and install TCP optimizer on your system. After installing TCP optimizer you need to provide the setting so that it can function properly and speeds up the browsing.

You can follow the below given steps for setting the TCP optimizer to use general settings.
    1. Connection speed – You need to choose maximum bandwidth. The TCP optimizer will automatically select optimal settings depending upon your bandwidth.
    2. Network adapter selection- In this all the present network adapter will be shown to you. When you select any network adapter its IP address is shown below. You can also modify network adapter.
    3. TCP Receive Window- This is very important factor in the TCP optimizer. You need to select small TCP receive window value which will allow you to gain maximum throughput.
    4. MTU Discovery- It should be set to enable. MTU discovery determines whether TCP uses fixed, default maximum transmission unit.
    5. Black Hole Detect- It is set to disable. When it is enabled means that this settings causes TCP optimizer to detect back hole router while using MTU discover.
    6. Selective ACKs- you need to enable this setting. This setting is important for connections using large TCP Window sizes.
    7. Max Duplicate ACKs- it has a range from 1-3. We need to set it to 2. It determines the duplicate parameter that should be received from same sequence number of transmitted data.
    8. Time to Live- we should set it to 64. It determines maximum amount of time that a packet can live in the network without reaching to its destination.
    9. TCP 1323 Options- we should set it to windows scaling. This setting controls RFC 1323 time stamps and window scaling option.