Thread: Why is my internet getting more speed from farther server than any other?

Why is my internet getting more speed from farther server than any other?

I am using broadband connection of two Mbps speed and when I tried to check my ping and speed test result,it giving me more fast speed when it connect from farther server than close server.Why are the results better from farther server than close server and how it is possible.Is there any way for maintaining the same speed for my internet ? How can I know its connected with farther server ?

Re: Why is my internet getting more speed from farther server than any other?

The main reason behind that is the server which is your trying to connect is controlled by ISP not by any local authority.Internet traffic is not restricted by proximity ,it depend on your equipment from where the signals are pass away and type of wiring which is used to pass signals .Its not possible to keep that same speed. you have to pay more money to your ISP for increasing your bandwidth.

I would like to tell you that you have check speed by ping. ping is the networks function. Which controls only by ISP not by you. Most of the time T1 will provide unusually good ping .bandwidth is related to speed . Bandwidth only change or provide by your ISP. For better speed you have to pay more money to ISP .Other way of increasing your internet speed is you have to upgrade your system configuration and keep clean browser and free from virus .If your internet connection only on single PC than more than one PC then you will get good speed.

I would like to tell you that why it happens because the server that is farther away is usually faster and it has better connection to the internet . you can do speed test on server which is in other country and get more speed than server which is near by you .It just depends on the speed which provided by the ISP. And also how many users are checking or testing the speed at one time.Besides all that factors of server some other factors also give you different speed , factors like age and condition of physical line which pass the signals from one end to another , quality of cable , wire and fiber optic.and also how many hops are come across by switch , server .

As per my knowledge test sever in Denver is connected in better way to internet service provider than any other server .That the reason traffic running across the internet have combination of fewer , faster or less congested links . You can check your speed by using some software and upgrading your system configuration. You can change your service provider or you can change your plan for increasing bandwidth. you can also check your firewall is working properly or not .It nay hamper your internet speed.