Thread: Unable to change my Dynamic IP using BSNL connection

Unable to change my Dynamic IP using BSNL connection

Hi I am having a BSNL internet connection at my home and I tried to change the Dynamic IP but unable to do it. I just wanted to change the IP without manually resetting the modem. So is there is any way that will let me to do so. Does anyone ever have tried such thing if yes then please let me know how I can do it on my system. Here are some of the important details regarding my system.
    • Operating system: Windows vista
    • Processor: Intel core 2 Duo.
    • Ram: 2GB
    • HDD: 250 GB.

Re: Unable to change my Dynamic IP using BSNL connection

I think I can help you in this case. You have to just follow the following steps that will help you change the IP Dynamically.:
    • First of all what you have to do is just click on the start menu and then select RUN.
    • Then you have to type “command” in the box and then press enter
    • It will take you to the MSDPS screen
    • Here you have to type ‘ipconfig /release' and then press enter.
    • After that just exit from the MSDOS screen by just typing EXIT command.
    • Then you have to just right lick on my network places and then select the properties.
    • After that you have to select the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)' from the list
    • You will find this list under the 'General tab
    • Now you have to create your own IP address
    • At last you have to again go to the LAN properties and then select the option called 'Obtain an IP address automatically'
    • After that press OK

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you can change IP by just refreshing the modem. What you have to do is just restart your modem and then the dynamic IP is changed. Refreshing the modem reconnects the system to the web and the new IP is formed. Just try and see I think it will help you to change the IP and also will resolve your problem.

According to me in this case you have to go with the Jdownloader. The Jdownloader is the software which is fully designed in java which is platform independent. What you have to do in this case is just that download this software and install on your system. After that you have to create an auto reconnect script for your modem and then run the same. I am sure it will help you. For more detail you can search on Google regarding this downloader where you will find a tutorial which will help you to use it.

First of all thank you for considering my issue and also for spending your vital time to give the solution. I have downloaded the JDownloader and successfully installed it on my system. And then I type the reconnect script in it which reconnected my modem but still I was not able to change the static IP of my system. Is there is any other way that will help me to do the same if yes then please let me know

Downloading such software will not help you, Since i have also tried changing my Dynamic IP with the help of such software but failed to do so. What they will do is only refresh the modem that we are using and will reconnect it with the network. In your case it i doing the same thing. and if you really want to change the Dynamic IP address than use the traditional way of restarting the modem it will definitely change your Dynamic IP for the next login. Don't try and use the untrusted applications that harm your system also. So better to it in this way i am sure it will help you to solve this issue.