Thread: How to get rid of 270 rootkits

How to get rid of 270 rootkits

Hello friends, recently when I scanned my computer with AVG 9, I found something as 270 rootkits in the scanned result. I then try to delete directly form the list but I was unable to. I again reinstalled the AVG software thinking that my antivirus software might have some problem, but then also I got the same result. So is there any one who can help me to sort this issue. I fear that this might be some kind of virus or even trojan horse that is being hazardous to my computer, so I would want to remove this as quickly as possible.

Re: How to get rid of 270 rootkits

Rootkit is a kind of software which when installed into the computer will allow the user to access the entire root directory of the computer remotely. Once the attacker gets accessed to this root directories, he can cause huge amount of damage to your computer. The attacker can remotely mange your computer and can do what ever he want without even you knowing it. If you are having this thing on your system than it is advised to remove it as quick as you can, or it will be very dangerous to you. You must use a legal antivirus software for this, I think that the AVG 9 which you are currently using will be the free version that you have downloaded from the internet which will not be that effective as legal antivirus can be. So it is advised to use the license software.

These rootkits are more or less like torjan and having this on the system can be very fatal as the attacker can misuse it. The amount of damage that can be done will be unknown to you. Its really very difficult to detect as well as to remove the rookits once they are present in the system. Removal can be complicated or impossible, especially if the rootkit resides in the kernel. So the only solution to delete the rootkits would be to format the system in the hope that it will remove all the rootkits from the system. I hope that this does solve your issue.

Hey even I found this rootkits on my system after I had scanned my system with antivirus which I have in the system. After spending so much time in finding the solution, I found that removing the rootkits is not that easy and the only way out is to format the system. So with no option left, I finally decided to format my system and when I successfully reinstalled the operating system and then again scanned with the antivirus, I got the same thing again, but this time there were 240 rootkits. Now how on earth this is possible as even after formatting I was unable to solve this issue. Do I really have to give up my system. Please provide with some solution to completely remove this thing from my system as I am not in a position to give up my system.

Hey when you reinstalled the operating system, I would want to know that which formatting tool did you select that is whether you have used the quick format or whether you have used the complete format. I you have used the quick format then I guess that this will not be able to remove all the rootkits as this is just only for quick formatting which save time and also not very effective. So i request you to please reformat your computer system with full format option. If you have done the full format and then again, you are getting the same problem then I guess you will have to give away the system as the problem cannot be solved or even consult some engineer who know about this things.

Removing the rootkits once it entered your system is very difficult and sometimes it would be even impossible. There are several free and paid products available you can easily download from the sites. According to me Rootkit Hook analyzer is a useful rootkit detector that works by finding objects that are hidden from both users and security tools. This examines your system at a deep level and gives you the option to remove any nasty malware or rootkits that are detected. You should try this and see if it solves your problem.