Thread: Troubleshooting internet connection problems while using Linksys router

Troubleshooting internet connection problems while using Linksys router

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. As the internet technology is boosting very fast I have also taken an internet connection for chatting, playing games etc. I have an internet connection for my system which is connected to the Linksys router through the Ethernet cable. While surfing the internet I am facing problem and I am unable to troubleshoot this problem. I need a proper solution to overcome this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting internet connection problems while using Linksys router

Linksys router is one of the best routers available in the market which is manufactured by Cisco. For troubleshooting internet connection problems you need to setup the router so that it is properly connected to the internet without any error or problem. The set up of Linksys router is simple for different types of model. Attach antenna to the Linksys router. Now you need to plug the Ethernet cable from your internet provider modem into the port given for internet on the router. Plug another Ethernet cable into one of the available ports. Insert the other end of the Ethernet into the Ethernet port of your PC. Restart your system and open the browser to launch it.

You can troubleshoot internet connection problem by unplugging it from the electrical outlet. At the backside of the router there is a small hole. Inside this hole there is a small button, hold it for 10-15 minutes until the light goes off and after few seconds it is on at the front of the router. Now your router will be reset and it will have a default factory settings. Now the router will use the default factory IP address.

To troubleshoot internet connection make sure that you have correct IP details i.e. IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Servers. You can check these details by typing IPCONFIG /ALL at the command prompt.
    1. IP address- If you are having an IP address such as 192.168.0.x you can directly connect to your DSL or cable modem.
    2. Subnet Mask- Make sure you have correct subnet mask i.e. it should be 255.255.255.0
    3. Default gateway- Make sure that you have correct Default Gateway IP address.
    4. DNS server- You should have the correct DNS server. This is the IP address of your router and it will be same as the Gateway IP.

You need to check the lights of Linksys router so that it is working properly. Check all the lights and make sure that they are steady. Check the following lights thus you need to check Power light, Internet light (WAN), LAN light and Wireless light. Also make sure that your computer is online directly from the ISP modem. You can check that by connecting the computer to the modem and try to go online.

• You can also troubleshoot Linksys router by pinging the router and getting reply from it. Type the below command to know the IP address of your router.
      Code:
      Ipconfig
      and press enter. Your IP address will be displayed.
    • Also you can check the connection between router and computer by the following command.
      Code:
      Ping <IP address of your router>
      and press enter. If you are getting the reply from the above command then the connection is perfect.
    • You can ping the IP of modem. Type the below command to ping the modem IP
      Code:
      Ping <modem IP>
      and press enter. If you are getting reply message that local network is fine then your modem IP is correct.