Thread: Linux Ubuntu: lost internet connection

Linux Ubuntu: lost internet connection

I am having a Linux Ubuntu compatibility computer, which is working fine with all its functionalities. I am also using the internet service in my computer. Having the Intel 82574L Gigabit mobo Ethernet card, the problem is occurred while I tried to connect the internet from my home network, suddenly I found that the network connection is lost, I checked the ipconfiguration with the help of the command prompt, but there also found nothing. What should I do? Any information will be thankful for me.

Re: Linux Ubuntu: lost internet connection

Are you using the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) address for the IP networking? If so then I think there you have to specify the Linux Mint machine information to use the DHCP address. If this not works them recommend you to change the IP address into the static IP address. This is depends on throughout the setup & router. I think you are talking about the wireless connectivity then this could be depending on the bandwidth that you are accessing from the router. I think you are using a lot of the network bandwidth which is not efficient for transferring the file through the network. I recommend you replace this one with the one router which is having the maximum bandwidth for transferring the file in the network.

I think there should be a problem in the DNS of the machine. I recommend you to check the DNS of server, that you are using whether it working properly or not. To check that go to the Administration under system and then proceed to Network Tools. Select the ping tab in the window, type the following into the network address box and hit on ping “82.211.81.158”. A window will appear which is contains the graph of the network service. If it shows that it is 100% then be sure that your network is having a good connectivity with the internet service. And if it shows the graph less than 100%, it indicates that it is a having a poor connection with the network.

The router that you are using which is configured with the machine and according to your post the IP configuration is also not telling you anything, which might not be happen if your router will compatible with the dynamic address of the network path. Try with the simple track which might be help you to solve the problem that you are facing. When the network starts working along with that you also open the command prompt and insert a site, write down the IP address of that web-site it will redirect you into the name of that site. Using that IP address instead of the name of the address.

Relevant issue with the Linux Puppy version, using the Linksys router. The problem is similar the issue which is mentioned in this thread, here also the network connection is also drops the connectivity with the network, though I am online with the router but not able to make the internet connection. I thought that there should be some problem in the router and I reconfigure the router with the machine. I am also having another machine which is compatible with the windows Vista, there I have no problem with the internet connectivity. I works fine the router is also works fine. It happens only in the Linux machine. any idea on this problem?

Relevant issue with the Windows XP pro, it is fully patched machine. Using the Verizon DSL with the Belkin as the wireless router. The problem which is occurring in the machine is extending delay in the internet connectivity. It is the matter of yesterday while I leave the machine in the connection mode, downloading a film, which might be take more than 3 hour, for that I leave that one for whole night, after in the morning I found that it is no longer connection, after searching found that it drops the connection in every hour while downloading. Again I tried at morning to download the same file, happen the same thing, it drops the connection a lot of time. I checked everything those I have knowledge, but found nothing. Any suggestion on this problem?