Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-11-2010

How "Quote" system works on forum?

I have posted many posts on the different forums and I was trying to quote somebody's replies. But I was not able to use this feature on most of the forums. Can anybody tell me that how can I use this feature and how quote system works on the forums? I know there would be many people using this feature and laughing on me but please guys, I am new to forums.
Old 15-11-2010

Re: How "Quote" system works on forum?

Quote:
I have posted many posts on the different forums and I was trying to quote somebody's replies. But I was not able to use this feature on most of the forums. Can anybody tell me that how can I use this feature and how quote system works on the forums? I know there would be many people using this feature and laughing on me but please guys, I am new to forums.
Here I have quoted your problem regarding using the Quote feature on the forums while posting the replies. Now here What I have done is I clicked on the post reply which shows you the text editor screen where you can write the content whatever you want to reply. Now if there are any posted content to which you want to reply specifically then you have to use the Quite feature. Just scroll to the posted reply and copy the content which you want to quote and paste it in the text editor. Now highlight the content which you want to quote and then click on the Quote button which would provided in the tools placed at the top of the text editor.
Old 15-11-2010

Generally quote feature in the forum has been used when there are so many replied posts for one particular thread. So when you reply to one particular user on the forum then it becomes very much easy to understand that to whom you are talking by quoting the content posted by that particular user. Otherwise it will become so hard to know that who is discussing with whom and how to get the answer for those people who have asked something on the forum.
Old 15-11-2010

There is one more way by which you can quote the the post of whatever user you want to. Actually if you have tried to quote anybody's post then you must have noticed that the content which you have quoted has been covered by two tags. Content starts with the tag "[quote]" and ends with the "...[ /QUOTE]"(Here I have given a single space after the first bracket just to give an idea which should not be actually there when you want to add such HTML tag). Actually these tags are HTML tags which runs after posting the reply or you may say that they runs when webpage gets refreshed.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,