Thread: Unable to create a new website

Unable to create a new website

Hi I have decided to create a website of my own. And also want to administrate it by my own. But thing here is that i have never tried this thing and also have no experience related to it. I want to built my own website and that too without investing money. I want to create a web site free of cost. Is it possible for me to do so and if yes than how. Does any one ever had made the website of their own and if yes than did you face any problem and how you solved the issues and created the website. Please let me know all this things as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to create a new website

Yes you can create your own website without owning a domain of your own. Now a days there are lots of other website that helps you to create the website of your own. First of they will ask you to select the type of your website there are three predefined types of the website that is Business, Organization and Personal. In that you have to choose the Personal option since you are creating the website for your own. Then after selecting that option you have to proceed further and then fill all the important details of your own that is the personal details. Then you have to customize for the same. I hope this will give you some idea to built a website.

If you are creating your own website than there are things that you have to take into consideration. Fist of you have to follow all the rules and regulation and also the step by step procedure. These are some important steps that you have to look after before creating or during the creation of a free website.
    • The website that you are creating will not have its own Domain name.
    • And if you want your own domain than you have to pay for it
    • The website that you will own will have adds allover it which will give the benefit to the company not you.
    • And you cant remove those adds since you will not have the appropriate rights.
    • You will not get all the features while creating a free website because you will not be the premium member.

It is good that you are creating a website of your own. But i will suggest you to buy a domain of your own. Because you can't really depend on the free website, here are some disadvantage of a free owned website:
    • You will always get limited number of page space
    • You are not able to add special features
    • Unable to create the chat room
    • And if your site is free own than the search engines usually ignore them.
    • You will also get limited users.
    • will also get numerous unwanted adds on the same.
    • The web Address will not be according to you.
    • There is no guarantee that the site will last for long period.

I am sure that after going through all this points you will take a proper decision will buy a domain of your own.

First of all thank you all of you for answering my question. But the thing here is that i am not able to own a domain since it is not possible for to arrange the money. But in future if i will try to do so then what it will cost me and what are the proper and official steps to do the same. Please let me know how to create an website which is official and buy owning a domain and not a free website.

I have gone through your issue and it seems to me that it is possible to create an website of your own but for that you have to purchase a domain of your own. I think that is the only issue that you have to look for and then just create the website you want. If you want to create the website then you have to just follow the Four important steps:
    • First you have to own a domain and then just reserve the same Domain Name.
    • The you have to select a proper Web Hosting Solution
    • After that you have to create your own web pages with advanced features
    • At last you have to publish your website to get more views and adds that will provide you more income.

I am also facing the same issue as you are, The thing is that i have created my website but i don't know why i am not able to keep it updated. I have created a website from the free source and that too without hosting a Domain. And i am failing to keep my website updated whenever i make any changes on my website the changes don't appear as i login next time.I don't know whats wrong with it please help. Is it expired ? since i created it long back a year ago.

For your kind information an average life of a web page is only 75 - 100 days. And if you are not updating any web page within the limited time period then the page expires, and it seems to me that you are also trying to update the similar which must have already expired and that is the reason why your update is not saved. So in future make sure that you will update the page before it expires. Updating contains adding additional information or improving the design and also to respond the visitors comments and suggestions.