Thread: How to go back to past URL in address field in safari?

How to go back to past URL in address field in safari?

I have recently installed safari on my iPhone and I have in no way familiar with Safari earlier. I have also presently installed Safari 5.01 intended for Windows on my Windows 7 PC, as well as at what time I copy / paste an url meant for a demanding existing web page into Safari's address field I discover that I have no go to or else load bullet, or additional way, such at the same time as pressing enter or else return, on the way to build the browser load the pasted address. at what time I press Ctrl+L not anything occur, whether as of the fall down menu by the side of File: Open Location or as a double keyboard command.As well as so I resorted to import a bookmark intended for the address from Internet Explorer, as well as after that Safari loaded it successfully.Can I not presently copy/ paste addresses into Safari's address field furthermore have a simple next step on the way to load the page at the same time as I be able to with Internet explorer, Firefox, as well as Opera ?If you have any suggestion please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to go back to past URL in address field in safari?

I too want to go back to past URL address in my address field. Foe time being I tried typing fraction of the address in automatically intended for Safari's auto complete on the way to discover it, however it would not discover the address, which is extremely fresh, however does exist, along with as I have said, loads in the other three browsers Internet explorer, Firefox, as well as Opera by means of a simple paste and enter. This copy / paste way happens on the way to be a extremely suitable way of loading a number of sites, by means of merely one option being available, that is the correct address, to a certain extent than probably more than a few options that are offered up as single types part of the address, which have to be looked at and chosen from.Any assistance will be appreciated.

I verify a similar bug survive on Safari 5.0.2 designed for Windows, running on a 32bit Windows XP Service pack 3.I have some list of them.
    1. At what time you copy an URL, not subject how you copy it
    2. When you try to paste in the Safari address:
    (i) if you make use of keyboard shortcut Control-V on the way to paste in the URL, as well as push ENTER - the whole thing is normal
    (ii) if you right click on the Safari address bar, call upon the contextual menu which pop ups from there, as well as select "Paste" from the menu ,plus after that hit ENTER after you paste in the new URL:
    This is the indication on 32bit Windows. It appears in the current construct of Safari designed for Windows, "Paste" command from a menu indicate somewhat dissimilar from its shortcut "CTRL-V".This is a extremely weird thing.

I also have the similar trouble: the whole thing work very well at what time I first started via Safari more or less a year ago as well as after that a couple of days ago this trouble come into view out of nowhere as well as has not disappeared away. I as well make use of Safari on a PC. Humorous, I've been by means of Firefox as well as Internet explorer for several years furthermore I've on no account seen nothing pretty similar to this. I accurately cannot make use of the Safari address bar on the way to copy plus paste a URL into it reason at what time perform and I hit the GO button it does not go away on the way to the URL I pasted into it, as an alternative it goes/reverts back on the way to my home page. This trouble pretty a large amount put together Safari unfeasible for daily activity.