Thread: How to change the user interface language in Safari?

How to change the user interface language in Safari?

I have a desktop system with windows xp operating system . I lived in Japan for 12 years and My windows xp is of of Japanese version . I learnt from the official site of Apple and Safari that Safari comes up with 16 languages of different nations and has the spell check feature available in 14 languages. Now I am in India and my family members want it in English language. How to navigate the interface language feature in Safari and change the language , has anybody done this before?

Re: How to change the user interface language in Safari?

Apple's safari has an edge over many other browsers due to it's high speed and it's user friendliness. multiple language support is provided by many reputed web browsers such as mozilla , Chrome and Internet explorer. By multiple language support I mean user can view the web page in multiple languages. But safari provides advance features and provides language preferences. Suppose in the default settings of Safari the language preferred is English over German if any document in German is returned the browser will return the document in German, because the language settings being preferred is German.

But the question you asked is still unanswered. Yes definitely Safari is far more better than any other web browser when the language preference comes into picture. But You have not mentioned how to do it. You can get the documents in your preferred language . To accomplish the desired task Choose Apple menu then go to System preferences and there you will be to see the language and you have to choose the language preferred and the text as well. That was in system , now open the Language and text preference. You will have to drag the language you want to prefer and then close the Safari and relaunch it again.You can use the short cut command+q key to close it.

The above example of German-English language was very comprehensive. Once configured as some particular language , the rest of the core task is done by the browser preference. You can try and see by typing any site in the address bar . If you want to look at the translation you can even do that after clicking at a special link available. This language preference feature is available in both the OSX and the windows version of Safari and even in ipod and iphones.