Thread: Safari : localized strings not found

Safari : localized strings not found

Hi friends, I had downloaded and installed the Safari 5.0 on to my system. After updating the Safari, I lost all of my menus and also lost text within it. It is visible but is only read out to localized strings not found all over the place. when I "right click" in the Safari window, certain menu items are view as "localized string not found.This problem seems to be only account specific. I thought of creating the other user account, but in that the latest safari works very fine. By this I thought that this can issue is due to the registry problem or user account issue or due to an incompatible program. i have the many browsers on my system but it works properly. I then tried to repair install Safari, also uninstall and reinstall, deleted the Safari folders but it didn’t helped me. Also I then copy pasted contents from the real user account to the faulty user account. It won’t allow me to copy. Please I need some amount help.

Re: Safari : localized strings not found

Be careful that downgrading your system may create and produce the curious problems while surfing. It may also have you the more vulnerable to the security exploits in to the public domains. I will not be downgrading, the reason is the problem with the menu options. I think that the problem seems to be of the menu options within the web kit that are changed or altered by the third party add ins for the safari web browser.

Click the control that is ctrl function for which I have the localized string not found is ‘open in a new window’. The other rest of the things appear fine. It won’t help you out by using the pacific’s and reinstalling Safari or reinstalling the web kit and also reapplying the combo. Keep in mind that when you receive an HTML messages with the URL, ctrl click on to the URL address gives the “localized string not found" on each of the functions you have. This might help

I think your user account might have lost permission on the file, folder or the registry key. But the administrator group has not lost the permission. When we run as administrator, you will get the full permission for the file, folder or the registry key. You will now won’t get the localized strings errors. Solving this problem can be very tricky, because we don’t have any idea that which particular folder, file or the registry key has lost the permission. What we can try just double checking, have a look over your installed programs.

The trick is that the Run the system as administrator. It will get you to the menus. Now just set the Safari to always Run as administrator. In the PC, open the local disk C: or any of the drive you have get the Windows program files installed on it. If your system is having the 32 bits Vista then open the program files folder. If your system is supporting the 64 bits Vista then open the Program files (x86) folder. After that open the Safari folder. Right click on to the Safari.exe file and after select the properties from it. Finally in the compatibility tab, check the "Run as administrator" and then clock on OK option. Safari should now run always as an administrator so that the menus will appear for you now.