Thread: Outlook Web Access does not work in Safari 5

Outlook Web Access does not work in Safari 5

I have a desktop system . Since I have Railway booking agency ,I need a frequent access to my mail every half an hour to mail credentials of customer to my head office in some other place. I do my work both in my office and at my home. I used to access my mails in outlook 2007 in internet explorer 8. But now I use Safari and the outlook web Access does is having some issues as I cannot uncheck the checked check boxes. I know that I can use OWA with Safari, but cannot. Can any one help me how to fix this ?

Re: Outlook Web Access does not work in Safari 5

I am slightly stunned with the information you have provided . I have not heard anywhere that each and every version of Outlook web access is supported by safari. The piece of information you have gathered is incorrect. You have windows operating system and I think you have OSX version of Safari installed in your system. You will require the exchange server for that . There are many versions of outlook web access available. I reckon the older version will definitely work.

The Outlook web access exchange server comes up with two modules, one is a complete package with full features also known as premium version and the other is with some partial features in which some functions has been reduced called as light or lite. Before the Exchange server 2010 was launched all the versions required Internet explorer or any other browser. Exchange 2000 and 2003 needs older version of internet explorer to be installed. Exchange 2010 can work with all the latest web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Safari and even Google chrome. So if you are working with Safari you are recommended to use Exchange 2010 Lite. you will not face any issues as you can search for mail items , view the and set dates in the advanced calendar and manage contacts.

The best solution would be to uninstall and install it again. But since you are using Safari web browser you should opt the Light module of EWA not the full featured one. It is pretty obvious that your web server does not support the full featured version then uninstall it and install the Light version. To operate on features you should have Chrome 3.0.195.27, Firefox 3.0.1 Internet explorer 7 and their further versions.

Check out the given list of Hardware and Software requirements to Install OWA:

• Single or dual 60-megahertz (MHz) Pentium microprocessor (Pentium 133 recommended)
    • 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM
    • High-speed network connection to Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 with Service Pack 3 or later (the latest service pack for Windows NT Server 4.0 is recommended)
    • Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 3.0 or later
    • Active Server Pages (ASP)
    • You can install the ASP components from the latest Windows NT Server 4.0 service pack CD-ROM. The ASP components are also included with IIS 4.0.