Thread: Which to choose among huawei ec1261 and tata photon

Which to choose among huawei ec1261 and tata photon

Presently I am utilizing huawei EC1261 usb modem for TATA photon+ in India. I am utilizing windows 7 OS. Is this similar modem utilized for Reliance net connect in India. I have comprised and freshly upgraded commencing from Tata indicom (windows) to Photon+, Huawei EC1261 . I desire to get it to run on my fedora 12. I necessitate some technical help here related to the topic. If you are be familiar with this then you post you reply here fast.

Re: Which to choose among huawei ec1261 and tata photon

I am having a Tata Photon broadband correlation by means of Huawei EC1261 apparatus. Subsequent to installing on Windows 7 OS when logged in as a customary user and endeavoring to open the dialer submission, I get the Windows UAC dialog window and encompass to provide the system administrator password to development. I consider by means of the intention of the predicament is in the Tata dialer submission which is not fully compatible by means of the OS. Do anybody have comprised and fix for with the intention of and why this predicament.

I am at present working with ubuntu 10.04. I encompass a newly acquire TATA Photon+ Internet correlation which sustains or maintains Windows and Mac. On the Internet I originate an article saying by means of the intention of it might be configured on Linux. I go subsequent to the order to install it on Ubuntu commencing this connection text. I am tranquil not capable to get online, and necessitate some help. In addition, it is extremely sluggish, additional than I was told by means of the intention of I would see speeds up to 3.1MB. I do not encompass wvdial installed and not be able to install it commencing apt as I am not associated to internet Booting commencing windows I downloaded "wvdial" .deb package and endeavor to install on ubuntu additional than it's ended by means of dependency tribulations. Automatically, do not be familiar by means of how, I got associated to internet merely for on one occasion. Straight away I installed wvdial package subsequent to this I go subsequent to the tutorials(I have encompassed uploaded the files). Commencing then it's demonstrating by means of the intention of the apparatus is associated in the network associations additional than no internet correlation. On one occasion I put out of action the apparatus, it would not demonstrate as connected the entire in excess of again and I determine to have comprised to restart my system. Sometimes the apparatus itself not detected (wondering if there is several command to re-read the entire devices).

No necessitate for the previous wvdial people; Network administrator has an enormous built in hold up for Mobile broadband associations. It include the entire the information in sequence regarding various service contributor in various countries and it determine to hardly receive you additional than 5 mins to organize your apparatus and get it running. In this how to, I determine to tell you how to organize your Tata Photon plus apparatus, which utilize Huawei EC1261 wireless network apparatus on Ubuntu 10.04. I do not guarantee additional than this how to be supposed to be capable to assist you configure additional such apparatus on several linux allocation. At present, when I primary plugged the Photon+ usb, the system perceive it as a usb-storage apparatus and not as a mobile broadband. This is able to be typically understood by generating a mobile broadband correlation utilizing Network Manager. On one occasion plugged, the apparatus determine to almost certainly come into view as an usb storage apparatus, other than it is important with the intention of your system and for this reason the network manager be familiar by means of it as a usb-modem.

You be able to make sure it at the primary step of generating a mobile broadband correlation utilizing Network manager. After that you have to right hit it off on the Network manager icon and choose "edit associations". At present, you have to go to "mobile broadband" tab and hit it off on the add button. If the wizard demonstrates you the name of the become aware of apparatus! Otherwise you might necessitate taking a number of extra procedures to create by means of the intention of occur. The reason for your apparatus not being become aware of as an usb-modem additional than an usb-storage apparatus is most excellent explained in the explanation of the package usb-modeswitch. Several innovative USB devices encompass their proprietary Windows driver’s onboard, particularly WAN dongles. When plugged in for the primary time, they act similar to a flash storage and create installing the driver commencing there. If the driver is previously installed, the storage apparatus vanishes and a innovative apparatus, such as an USB modem, demonstrate up. This is called the "ZeroCD" characteristic. On Debian, this is not desirable, in view of the fact by means of the intention of the driver is integrated as a Linux kernel module.

It was recommend by the engineer to get an EC1260 (Black) as an alternative of EC1261(Blue).I get in touch by means of the vendor and to my disappointment, they are not demonstrating several interest in replacing the apparatus. In aggravation I called up the toll free customer care of TATA Photon. The person who selected up the call takes a at the same time as to essentially understand the predicament and in conclusion as predictable asked me to get in touch by means of a number of service stations. He is not prepared to even log a call and give me the service application numeral. I failed to recognize why when a produce is sold to a potential client its door liberation and when there is a predicament I necessitate running. When I necessitate to purchase the executives I be able to come and when I encompass a predicament the office runs only till it. I misrepresented to TATA Photon commencing a competitor produce and I am compelled to say by means of the intention of the service is completely pathetic. If internet speeds are sluggish, I fail to recognize how the TATA is promoting Photon TV.