Thread: Search suggestions disable for Safari 5.0.1 in Windows

Search suggestions disable for Safari 5.0.1 in Windows

I have recently moved to Safari 5.0.1 from Internet Explorer which I was using from long time as my default web browser. But I was not happy with its all features which it provide and it quite slow to work with it, so I have moved to Safari 5.0.1 and I need to tell you here that I am using Windows XP on my computer. But I want to avoid the search suggestion which it provide me because it creates lots of difficultly for me to work with it. But as I am new to it I am not able to find the setting for it so if anyone currently using it please provide me the steps using which I will able to do the setting and avoid search suggestion, it will be really helpful.

Re: Search suggestions disable for Safari 5.0.1 in Windows

Yes defiantly you can perform this setting for your web browser after which there will be no such search suggestion and you will able to avoid it. You can go for setting done after enabling Private Browsing which is there in the Edit menu in the menu bar. After enabling Private Browsing web browser will not store any of the details of your web session and you will able to do fresh search every time you start with Safari 5.0.1. So i think as you really want to go for disabling the search suggestion you should go for enabling Private Browsing this will help you for sure.

I think there is no need for you to go for safari as you have already used Internet explorer web browser which is from the same manufacturer as your operating system. Their compatibility will be great and there might be many issue if you use Safari as it is specially designed by Apple for Mac OS so might not that compatible with your Windows system. You can have the latest version of Internet explorer which is IE 9 that will provide you with great features as there in Safari. If still you want to continue with safari then you can do, but for search suggestion disabling you have to perform setting in your web browser after which is will not appear again.

Yes suggestion by above post is right as you can face certain compatibility problems if you use Safari 5.0.1 on windows 64 bit. And if you are using Windows 32 bit than it will run perfectly with no issue and you are already have latest version of it. As you don't want to have the search suggestion to appear in your Safari web browser you have to just remove or clear your cache memory for your web session after which there will be no such suggestion will appear when you are searching for particular website in the address bar. So i think you should go for this and resolve your problem regarding the setting for search suggestion disable.

Yes you can certainly do the setting for disabling the search suggestion for Safari 5.0.1 in your windows operating system. If you really want to get rid of search suggestion then just clean your history which is present there in the menu bar of your safari web browser after which there will be history of the website you have visited previously because of which you will be able to avoid the search suggestion every time you start working with Safari 5.0.1. So you can perform this thing for sure.

If you are still not able to get the idea about how you can disable your search suggestion than i think better way for you is to visit the Apple official website. There you can ask your what ever doubt you still have regarding disabling the search suggestion which appears when you try to search for particular website on the address bar. There you can watch video ant tips regard the same and after that i think you will surely be able to perform the setting in your Safari 5.0.1 web browser and avoid the suggestion that appear while searching.