Thread: How to Import Bookmarks.html from Mozilla Firefox to Safari 5

How to Import Bookmarks.html from Mozilla Firefox to Safari 5

I am using Windows XP in my system as operating system and I am using Mozilla Firefox as my default web browser. I from last couple of days I am not able to work with it as I used to because of some kind of slowness in the browser. So now have decided to go for other web browser and my friend suggest me to go for Safari 5 which is quite quick compare to Mozilla Firefox. But I have problem here is that all my important bookmarks are there in Firefox which I want to have in Safari 5 but have no idea about how to perform it. So if anybody have done the transformation as such please let me know how I can carry out this in my system.

Re: How to Import Bookmarks.html from Mozilla Firefox to Safari 5

1.Create Bookmark Folder first on your web browser which contains it.
    • Open web browser from which you want to import the bookmarks.
    • Form a fresh folder on your computer desktop and name it as 'Bookmarks.'
    • Pull every bookmarked links from the tool bar of Web browser to the 'Bookmarks' folder. They will show in the folder as HTTP files.
    • At last close your Web browser.

2.To Import Bookmarks into Safari
    • Start with the Safari Web browser there open 'Bookmarks' folder and begin with moving one by one the HTTP files to Safari toolbar. Then you need to provide a name for the link you dragged.
    • Repeat the procedure with all the saved links till you complete importing all the bookmarks.
    • Check if every new bookmark so that it takes you to the exact link.

You can do this in quite simple manner just move to your Menu Bar from there go to File there you have option as Import Bookmarks. After this just Look around your desktop and pick the bookmarks.html file where you will see all the browsers bookmarks now all that you can easily import to safari 5 browser which you have moved from Firefox. I think there should be no issue or confusion now regarding the importation of bookmarks from Firefox to Safari 5.

Yes you can do that as already mentioned in above thread as well as you can perform more additional things with bookmarks.
    • Safari itself offers bookmarks of several popular Web sites, so you should make sure that there is no duplicate links.
    • Other than this you can shuffle the position of all imported bookmarks on Safari 5 toolbar just by dragging them to the preferred place.
    • I suggest you to keep the names of imported bookmarks small that will let you to add more bookmarks on your toolbar.
    • Safari 5 also proposes the choice of Private Browsing, after which Safari does not keep any of the private details while online.

I think you made right choice to go for Safari 5.