Thread: After upgrading Safari mouse Scroll stopped working

After upgrading Safari mouse Scroll stopped working

I am running windows 7 and safari browser on my machine. Recently i have updated my browser to 5.1 and after this up-gradation i started getting problem with my mouse while accessing web pages on the internet. The problem is that my mouse track-pad scroll is not working while i am visiting any of the internet sites. Before i was using 4.0.5 version of safari and have not faced such problem before. I need your help on this issue. If you have any information related with this issue, then please post it here. Thanks.

Re: After upgrading Safari mouse Scroll stopped working

I will recommend you to reboot you system in order to solve your problem. I have suggested you this solution because few months back even i was also getting the same problem, when i had upgraded my browser. Then i tried to reboot my system and for fortunately it did solve my problem. So you can also go for the same as it might help you in getting your problem solved out. Hope have helped you.

I will advise you to check your mouse on some other computer and see if it works there. If it does not work there, then there is definitely problem with scroll in your mouse, so you will require to get your mouse change with new one and if it works on other computer, then there is some problem with your safari browser. In this situation try to go for some other browser. Try this solution and send me your reply. I think it will really help you in solving your problem.

I have recently switched from internet explorer to safari. I am getting the same problem with my mouse. The scroll of my mouse is not working when i am viewing any web page on my safari browser. My mouse was working perfect with internet explorer browser. I need you help on this issue, so that i can come out of this problem. If you have any suggestion related with this problem, then try to help me out. Thanks.

You are getting this problem because some problem might have occurred when you were trying to upgrade your safari browser. So for solving this problem you will require to reinstall the browser software on your machine. If this is not solving your problem, then i will suggest you to try some other browser for your system i.e. Firefox, chrome etc. Hope this will help you.

I did referred your solution and it solved my problem. When i tried to reboot my system, then after the reboot was completed my mouse scroll started working again on my safari browser. Your solution was really a nice one, as it has solved my problem and i would also like to thank you for the support which you have provided to me.
    Last edited by Antonio Muñiz; 15-11-2010 at 03:43 PM.