Thread: Safari stopped working correctly

Safari stopped working correctly

I am using safari as my default browser, previously it was working fine but now I am facing strange issues with it. I receive a message between browsing it that says Safari has stopped working and then it closes suddenly. Then I again have to restart it and then I can open a webpage but after sometime I get same message and again it get close. I don’t know what is wrong with it; this is very strange problem I have seen. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply me. Any suggestion will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Safari stopped working correctly

I have seen that many of peoples are facing this kind of issues with the browsers. I think this kind of problem is rises because of the corrupted browser, and because of that your browser is not working properly. Some of the sites are having viruses within and due to that, your browser cannot work properly and you can receive this message. In my recommendation you should get the new Safari browser with the latest version before installing new browser remove the old one. It will work properly again and then you can again use for all your browsing. I hope this information may help you.

I was getting similar kind of problem that is, I cannot open my browser in one click and if it opens then it get closes suddenly. I have noticed same things with all my programs which I am use to run on my computer. Then I choose to scan my computer with an updated antivirus, so that it will help me to solve my problem. After scanning whole computer including safari browser, it starts to work fine. I assume that, reason behind your problem may be same and it could be solve by this. If you are having any other query then reply me.

I have gone through your question and I advise you to check your report log details for this message. When this message comes then a log file is creates, having all the details regarding the error message. You just have to check in safari report problem, I think you should check these details, so that you get knowledge about this. And then after reply back again.

Thanks for above reply, I have tried all above reply to solve this overcome my problem but then also it did not work, Then as the above reply I check out all my previous and current log details for about error message, but I have nothing found anything important in that. I have also checked about this on other sites also but not succeed. If you are having any other suggestions on this, then please tell me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks again.

If you are not getting any certain message on your log report, then I think there can be several reasons for this and I think one of the reasons could be that, is may be system crash or because of specific account. But most of the problem is related to the user account, I think you should try with creating new user account with the administrative rights and before that you should log out you usual account. You should don’t use fast switching process to switch between accounts. After creating new account again try to launch your safari browser with new account, this time you won’t receive any kind of error message.
    Last edited by Sean J; 13-11-2010 at 05:44 PM.