Thread: Safari crashes on Windows XP

Safari crashes on Windows XP

I was having Microsoft windows operating system on my desktop. Recently I have switched myself from opera to safari browser. Day before yesterday I was using safari browser and accessing my facebook account on that day it was working fine. After two days when I started the safari browser it wasn’t opening displaying an error message and the browser quits. I also tried reinstalling it but failed to launch the safari. The safari has been crashed. I want solution that can solve the problem of safari crashing and open the safari safely.

Re: Safari crashes on Windows XP

Safari is the browser developed by Apple Company. It has excellent user interface and is very much user friendly to use than other browser. To fix the crashing problem of safari you need to check that the temporary files are cleaned regularly. To clean the temporary files open the safari browser and go to Edit and select Reset safari. A window will appear showing all the temporary files. Check on all of the fields and click on Ok button. It has been observed that if you clean your temporary files on daily basis then it will crash less compared to not being cleaned.
    Last edited by Level8; 13-11-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Solution to prevent safari browser crashing are given below:
    • Delete the temporary files and cookies.
    • Update your antivirus system with the latest update so that virus attack will not corrupt the files.
    • Check the permission of the browser before launching.
    • Disable the Windows Dock mode.
    • Delete the safari extension.
    • Update your safari browser with the latest update version.

The safari browser may crash because of AcidSearch feature. To stop the crashing of safari you need to uninstall the AcidSearch add-on from your computer. The steps for uninstalling acid search is as follows:
    1. Login into the system as administrator.
    2. Select application/utilities and then select terminal application.
    3. In the terminal application type the following command
    4. sudo rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/SIMBL/Plugins/AcidSearch.bundle/
    5. After the above step you need to install instead of acid search which will prevent your browser from crashing. Now download the Glims Add-on and restart the safari browser. Click on the box icon of the Glims.
    6. Click on the continue button. Click on I agree checkbox. For the installation to begin click on the install button. After the installation message box will be displayed showing the message “Install Succeeded”. Now restart your safari browser.

When using safari browser for surfing you need to carry out the following things:
    • You can use some of the additional software i.e. anticrash software which will prevent your browser from crashing and speed ups the system performance.
    • Clear the history.
    • Clear the cache memory.
    • Use the update version of plug-ins.
    • You must remove the add-ons if they are not utilized regularly.
    • Browser running from long time will consume memory. In that case you should close your browser and it will reset memory usage.