Thread: Unable to reinstall Safari 5 with "File name is not a valid short file name." error

Unable to reinstall Safari 5 with "File name is not a valid short file name." error

I am trying to install Safari 5 om my laptop. I was getting an error on trying to install Safari 5 which said "File name is not a valid short file name" and the installation would fail. What i have to do to solve this problem? How can i solve this problem without any error? If anyone have any idea about it then please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Unable to reinstall Safari 5 with "File name is not a valid short file name." error

Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. After complete the installation Click on Start then go to All Programs and then click Windows Install Clean Up. From the list of installed programs, click on Safari 5 and then click Remove. Click OK to confirm the removal, and then click Exit. Restart your computer, and then install Safari 5.
    Last edited by rashmi_ay; 13-11-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Re: Unable to reinstall Safari 5 with "File name is not a valid short file name." error

You have to Download & Install Perfect Optimizer which is use to increase PC performance. It also use to free up virtual memory to avoid error messages, Keep personal information secure, Free up disk space by removing temp files and junk files, easy removal of invalid program shortcuts, duplicate files. Now Click on the "Scan" button. Click the 'Fix Errors' Button to Repair Your laptop. Perfect Optimizer help you to solve your problem.

Safari 5 not working

I had same problem with my computer system. I installed Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and then installed Safari 5 in my computer. But still there is a problem i have with my Safari 5 web browser. I am not able to open it on my computer. What i have to do to solve my problem? Please help me as soon as possible.

If there is a problem in your Safari 5 web browser and it not working properly then you have to replace it. I think you have to try with another browser. Opera 10.50, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3.6, Chrome 7, Opera 9 are some web browser you can use. So try one of this browser and install it on your computer. I hope it will work properly with your computer system.