Thread: Windows 7 Safari 5 proxy settings

Windows 7 Safari 5 proxy settings

I have a laptop with Windows 7 operating system. I just downloaded Safari 5 for my Windows 7 and it not allow me to connect to the internet. When I try to load a page I get the proxy settings error message. There is a "proxy server (HTTP)" message display. What i have to do to solve this problem? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Windows 7 Safari 5 proxy settings

To change proxy settings in Safari 5, you have to follows the following steps :-
    1. Select Edit and then Preferences.
    2. Click Advanced and then Change Settings.
    3.If you are using a LAN, click the LAN Settings button and click the Settings button.
    4. select the Use a proxy server for this connection or Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    5.Enter the address of the proxy server in Address box. Type the port number in the Port box.
    6.For different services like HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP you have to click the Advanced button and then enter the individual proxy server addresses to use.
    7.Click OK.

There is a Proxy surfing software which is use to hide or change your real IP. Proxy software provides different proxy management functions such as proxy finder, proxy checker, proxy filter, proxy chaining options, etc which simplify unknown surfing. Some proxy tools also support to CGI proxy servers. It allow you to configure proxy software to change CGI proxy.

I think if there is a problem in your Safari 5 proxy settings and it not allow you to connect to internet then you have to use another web browser. The two most popular browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer and Firefox. These two are graphical browsers which means that they can display graphics as well as text. Internet Explorer is the most popular browser used today. Internet Explorer 8 version is a best for Windows 7.