Thread: Steps for Opening or Uninstalling Safari

Steps for Opening or Uninstalling Safari

From last two weeks I was using skyfire browser. But as a new browser was released named as safari I wanted to change my browser to safari because of special features. So I downloaded safari and started the installation. After the installation when I clicked on the safari browser it could not open displaying an error message. Is there any problem with my installation? I tried performing uninstall of safari but failed. I want to know the steps for installation. Also give the steps for adding extensions, synchronizing bookmark and uninstalling safari.

Re: Steps for Opening or Uninstalling Safari

Safari installation steps are very simple. The steps for performing the installation of safari browser is given below:
    1. Open the internet browser and go to Apples website. Search for the safari browser and click on download button. After downloading click on the SAFARI.DMG to locate icon on the desktop and double click on it.
    2. This will unpack the file and create safari icon. Click on the safari icon that was created to start the installation.
    3. You need to provide username and password and click on ok button.
    4. Read the license agreement and click on continue button. Click on agree checkbox for accepting the License Agreement. Provide the destination path where you would like to install safari and press continue button.
    5. Click on install button to install and wait for the installation to complete. After the installation click on close button for finishing the installation.

Apple has released safari browser which includes extensions. Safari extension is a developer feature. Steps for enabling and installing safari extension are as follows:
    • After the installation click on Open Preferences in the safari browser.
    • Select “Advanced” tab. On the advanced tab scroll down to the window and click on “Show Develop menu in menu bar” checkbox.
    • Now the new menu will be seen in the menu bar. Select the new menu and select enable settings.
    • Download safari extension file (.safariextz) from the apple website. Double click on the downloaded file.
    • Click on install button to perform the installation. After the installation the new extension will be listed in the extension menu.
    • To check whether the extension are installed check the extension menu by clicking on tools/preferences and the select go to extension tab. The extension will be displayed.

Safari support bookmark synchronization and you can synchronize safari bookmarks to iPhone very easily. iTunes application software does not support the synchronization of bookmark. Bookmark synchronization is supported by only limited number of web browser. Click on the iPhone devices under “Devices” located at the left pane. Select “info” tab. Scroll down to other. Click on Sync bookmarks with safari. Click on sync and wait so that it synchronizes and transfers all the book mark to iPhone. The synchronizing and transfer time will depend on the amount of bookmark. Click on the safari icon to open. The entire bookmark that you have synchronized will be opened.

When you are facing problem due to the safari browser you have installed. You can uninstall the safari and try out installing it second time. There are two ways in which you can uninstall safari. You can install it from the ADD/REMOVE programs in the control panel. Another way of uninstalling is by making use of uninstaller software. Download the uninstaller software and click on save button to save it. If you are having safari browser open then close. Install uninstaller software and run it. Open “Force Uninstall “tab and provide the folder of safari to uninstall it. Click on next button to begin removal. Restart your system and now safari browser will be uninstalled.