Thread: Problem with Cable internet connection (timed out)

Problem with Cable internet connection (timed out)

I am using the internet all the way through Insight Communications. It was giving a service for about 6 month from when I connected to that. But not the connection is getting dropped without any reason. To fix that issue I tried by replacing my modem two times because I thought that it is the problem with the modem but that makes no difference. I am getting many t3 timeouts and DHCP failures. Can you tell me that what may be the possible reasons for this? Is it something on my side or something with the ISP? Sometimes I feel that it is problem with some hardware or the software on my computer which is creating the problem. Thank you very much for help guys in advance. Please help.

Re: Problem with Cable internet connection (timed out)

You should check that if there is any device between their equipment and yours like a linksys or dlink router or something like that? If that is the case then according to me you have to do a factory reset and this will reset all the setting to its default value. After resetting you can reconfigure it. Just try it and see whether it solves the problem or not? I wish this will help you. Thank you!!!

You can try to do a Tracert from some internet site and this will confirm that if there is a lag or not. What you can do to solve this is to replace the network interface card (NIC). NIC is the hard ware that allows the network device to access the network. The ROM chip in the NIC has a unique number. The MAC address burned into it and this Mac address helps to identify the device uniquely on the LAN. You can also try to connect to some different slot on the mobo because it is possible that the port that you are using is not providing the proper connection and creating the problems.

There may be many possible reasons for this issue and I router may be one of those. There may be some problem with the router that you are using. You can change the router and see whether that helps you. I am saying this because it was the router that was creating the issue and to fix this I replaced my old router with new NETGEAR Router. I was getting around 20 minutes delay. When I connected that then it solves the issue and I am continuing to use the wired connection.

Have you checked the connection cable? It is possible that the connection cable that you are using is corrupted and that is creating the problem. Manly of the time the problem is with the connecting wire and we are searching for the bigger solution. Just try to replace the cable that you are using with the new cable. You will easily find that in any of the computer hardware shop and this will also not cost much. Try it once before going for any other solution.

Either you believe me or not but this problem is with the ISP side. I am also facing the similar kind of problem with mine. What helped is calling a good line person who spends the time to check the all connections down the line until they get the point of the problem. The reason behind this is that your modem is not able to hear the isp send signal and that is causing the T3 timeouts. Your modem will shut down because it is not hearing the signal and it thinks that the headend have some problem with it. Therefore no I change the modems and routers and it solves the problem for me.

It may be a server side error. You may be getting the weak signal. You should check other connection with the same service provider in your area that whether they are also getting the same problem. If not then you can directly call the service provider that you are using. Ask them about the problem that you are facing and I .am sure that they will fix this if that is from their side. Good Luck!!!