Thread: Not able to see AppleTV in itunes

Not able to see AppleTV in itunes

I have recently got my Apple TV and am demanding to place it up however I'm having a few problems. I've come across all throughout the internet and attempt all I can suppose of and at rest can't find my Apple TV to demonstrate up in iTunes except I directly attach the Apple TV to my Mac through an Ethernet cable. I should say that I can only use Ethernet; WiFi is not an option. Together the Mac and Apple TV are usually linked throughout a Linksys router and, when linked that way, the Apple TV does not show up in my iTunes no issue how many times I resume together of them or modify set that I'm conscious of. I brought up some of music and movies to the Apple TV throughout the direct link but all I've bought on iTunes did not sync since the Apple TV couldn't attach to iTunes. Can anyone help me?

Re: Not able to see AppleTV in itunes

Before solving your issue I want to clarify some points which you have mentioned into the your question. You told that “wifi is not an option” why you have stated this because you don’t have wifi connection at your place or wifi connection doesn’t work fine with the appleTv. If you have itune then try connecting it with the wifi and now are able to see the password code in itunes which you need to connect with the library. Or you have problem with the Ethernet connection which you have configured to the router doesn’t work and the direct connection to the Ethernet from the the Mac and the appleTV works fine with such connection

for solving the issue byou are getting due to the itune and not able to see the Appletv in Itunes then try following the steps given below:
    • Check that you are using the latest version of the itunes which you have installed into the system.
    • Also check that the appleTV software is also having the latest version or not.
    • If you are using mac os x than ensure that you have bonjour update with the latest one or you can do install it later.
    • If you are installing the update later then you need to restart the system for it to take place
    • Also y0ou should try checking that the AppleTv has a properly connected to the power board and to your television and are you able to navigate the interface of the AppleTV.
    • Also check that the Appletv is properly connected to the network or is it properly configured while configuring the Appletv.

If Apple TV still doesn't come into view in the iTunes resource list after you confirm the explanation given in the above post then I would like to suggest you to attempt these steps. Later than trying every step, make sure the iTunes resource list to observe if Apple TV comes into view. When Apple TV emerges in the iTunes resource list, you can end troubleshooting and carry on configuring Apple TV by following the following points:
    • First restart the itunes and then reopen it.
    • Again connect the appletv to the itunes and remember if you have firewall connection on in mac os x then ensure that you have already selected the itunes music sharing.
    • After connecting the appletv to the itunes reset the system and restart the system.
    • Rejoin the network by connecting to the router and configure firewall all the things should be done only by installing itunes as you have reset the system. I think after doing this you will be able to get the desired solution. So try doing the things I have suggested above.

If you are using windows as the operating system then try to enable all the services and all to start-up items which may be a problem. Also see this may be a cause of the wireless connection you are using so try using the wired connection to the network switch or the router. After this I hope you will be able to get the desired solution but if you are still getting the problem the try bypassing all other network and connect directly to the computers Ethernet port.

I would like to suggest you to bypass all the networks and connect straight to computer's Ethernet port. For connecting to the Ethernet then here are some things to check:

• Make clear in your mind that any firewall software you are utilizing on the computer is set to not obstruct any of the ports utilized by Apple TV on the Ethernet port. For checking this you can go to TCP and UDP ports and protocols used by appletv
    • Ensure your computer's Ethernet port has been allowed to work.
    • You should use an Ethernet crossover cable if you have an older mac.
    • Try linking Apple TV and your computer through a router or network switch if available.
    • If you are still getting the issue the try using appletv diagnostic