Thread: Cannot log in with hamachi

Cannot log in with hamachi

I am running Hamachi on my computer. It was recently installed on my Windows computer. But the problem is that I am unable to log in to it. I try to debug it, I have a long list appeared to me. I don't know if it is important to give here but if you want then do tell me. The major thing which I noticed in that list was that in the last line I have "purging state..." mentioned which is where I have some doubt. What does this mean? Is there anything unusual happening to my computer.

Re: Cannot log in with hamachi

I did not came across this problem until now but may be Hamachi service was having some technical problem due to which you were unable to log in to it. Retry it today or tomorrow and see if you are still facing such kind of problem. Apart from that you can even change the order of the devices so that Hamachi is remains first in the list. To do this, go to Network Connections, you will have 2 kind of networks listed over there. One belongs to your actual net connection, while other being your Hamachi service. Go t Advanced tab from Network Connections window and then select Advance Settings. You can use your arrow keys to organize your connections.

It seems to me some configuration problem. May be it is not setup as it should be and so you are unable to login to Hamachi. To solve this problem, you can log in to the console with root and use "tuncfg" command. Once the command is executed, you can log out from root console and restart Hamachi. If you are not sure about the configuration and setup of Hamachi then I would recommend you to refer their website for the details and guidelines on the same.

I don't think there is any problem of Hamachi or with its configuration. According to me its the problem of your firewall which is blocking the access to your server. It is always suggested to disable temporarily your firewall, Windows as well as any third party, and then try to login once again. If you are still unable to log into your Hamachi server than you can conclude that the problem lies with your setup.

I also noticed a similar problem with most of the versions of fedora. Initially I was using fedora core 6 which I received this error. Later on, thinking that the problem might be due to my Fedora version, I upgraded to core 8. But the problem still sustained. I then tried an rpm but those didn't work either. The only solution to fix this problem is to update the /sbin path for tuncfg.