Thread: Difference between Facebook Page and Facebook Group

Difference between Facebook Page and Facebook Group

I use Facebook a lot and I can say that I am completely addicted to it. There is an aspect which I need to know that is about Facebook page and Group. I have seen and been through a lot of time regarding this, that is Facebook Page and Facebook Group. I do not know what is the difference between them. Please let me know what is is exactly and which is better to have. What is used basically for. What are its pros and cons. I need to know about this and will be creating one these. Hope to get the desired information out from here.

Re: Difference between Facebook Page and Facebook Group

Facebook page and Facebook Group are a part or a feature of Facebook. Basically let me explain you about the concept of both. Facebook Page is actually some what similar to your friend's profile. It enables public figures, organization and other entities in order to create or develop an authenticated public presence. It is visible to all by default. Anyone can join the page by becoming a fan of it and then they will be receiving the updates on News Feed. For you information Authenticity is at the core of Facebook. Just as your profile it is essential that you represent real name and people. The official entity should create the Facebook Page. Now Facebook group is about creating a certain group of people or friends that is it is for small group communication and for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. It is basically to organize, discussing issues and posting photos with sharing the related content. A facebook group can be made publicly available or keep it private. Also an Administrator approval would be needed for making others to join. Unlike Facebook Page even Group has new posts by a group are included in the News Feeds of its members. You can create your group by logging to your Facebook account.

Basically Facebook Pages are visible people who are not registered to the site and hence it gets indexed but Facebook group is not able to get visible to unregistered people. Only registered people are able to see it. You can send bulk invites to all the friends who join the group while other than that in Pages you have to drop some of the invites manually. Hence Group are better than Pages in terms of Viral marketing that is for sending bulk invites to all your friends. Also pages are generally good and better for long term relationship with the fans and Groups are a better for hosting quick response in discussion or attracting attention. So look out for the information. I am sure it will help.

Some of its features are given and mentioned as follows:

Facebook Page

• There is no presence of any "Ugly" Urls
    • You can host a discussion
    • It does have a Discussion Wall and Discussion forum as well
    • Feature of Extra applications are been added
    • You can message to all members who joined, via updates
    • Visitor Statistics feature is present with Page insights
    • You can share and exchange video and photo
    • Event Creation and invitation enabled
    • You can also promote with social ads

Facebook Group

• Presence of "Ugly" Urls
    • You can host a discussion
    • Presence of a Discussion Wall and Discussion forum
    • Extra applications not been added
    • You can message to all members who joined via PM's
    • Visitor Statistics feature is absent
    • You can share and exchange video and photo
    • Event Creation and invitation disabled
    • You cannot promote with social ads

From Above all the discussion that is been made it is been concluded that Facebook Page is much more active and essential. That is it is more valuable. As Group can be good for quick discussion on active topic but not in terms for long term relationship. Facebook page basically the brand or celebrity has the ability to have friend,. they have walls so that fans can post and communicate. There are discussion forums where all related queries can be shred and solved. Updates and applications are been embedded in it as well. Hope this give you a better idea about the thing.