Thread: asus.msn.com is coming as Msn homepage

asus.msn.com is coming as Msn homepage

Hi all,
    One of my friends has a Asus Laptop and that should have the MSN.com as the homepage for the browser but instead of that it is opening the asus.us.msn.com as the homepage and MSN.com com is not getting loaded. This problem only occurs when he uses the Internet Explorer.

When we tried the same thing with the Firefox then I found that all the things were fine and it opened the MSN.com as the homepage. Is there anyone who knows that why this is happening to me and how can I solve this issue. If you have any idea about this then please let me know. I have already tried many things that I know but all that were not able to solve the case. Please help.

Re: asus.msn.com is coming as Msn homepage

This is seems to be the registry problem. You can simply remove that. Just open the search box and type REGEDIT in that and press enter. That will let you to the registry. You have to modify the Default_Page_URL and Start Page at two places.

First:
    Computer\HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    Second:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

Change that value to MSN.com or whatever you want. Once you are done with that then you have to go to the Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options and from there you have to delete the cookies, history and all temporary files. Close the browser and again try to open that and this time it will work all right.

It is very easy to do that. In the Internet Explorer, you might have changed the default or the homepage as the one that you are getting right now and if you change that to the site that is desired then you will be able to solve the case. To fix this problem, just open the Internet Browser and from the top, select Tools and in last you will see the internet option. Click on that option and that will open the window for internet Explorer settings. In the default page you will be able to see the asus site as the default page. Change that site to which you need and save the settings. Reopen the Browser and this time it will open the page that you have saved as the default page.

Thank you all of you for your replies. I am also having the similar problem with My Internet Explorer. I tried to change the default page from the internet option as suggested above but that was also not helpful to me. Again when I opened the IE then it opens the same site. When I checked again the Internet option then I saw that the default value is changed to the previous site that is asus.us.msn.com. What may be the problem with that? Please help.

This may be the problem because of the spyware in your system. Spyware is also a type of the malware. This gets installed in the computers automatically and it collects some information from the computer and causes such problems. This all happens without the knowledge of the user. To remove that, you have to install a spyware remover on your computer.

There is a spyware remover available on the internet called Ad-Aware. Just search for this on web and I am sure that you will find it easily. This is available for free and you will not have to pay for that. I am using this software and to my opinion it is the best spyware remover that I have ever seen. I hope that this will help you.

There may be the problem with the internet security provider for your computer. You should disable the internet security provider and then try to open the Browser. Sometimes, there is a home page protection provider is enabled and that blocks all the homepages. This can also change the homepage that you have set without notifying the user. Just check for the same and so the setting accordingly.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

OK, you can try the following to solve the issue. Just follow the steps given below and let the problem out of your computer. Here are the steps:
    1. First of all press start and click on Run.
    2. There you have to type “regedt32” and press Enter. This will open the registry editor.
    3. From the left panel, open HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main.
    4. Here you have to change the value for the homepage.
    5. After changing that, you have to save the changes and close the registry editor window. Close the browser if opened any. Open the browser again and see whether the problem is gone or not.

This may be because of the Ad-Aware installed kin your computer. There is Ad-Watch included in the paid versions of Ad-Aware. This can also disable it temporary.
    • You can easily solve this issue. Just see to the system tray and you will see the Ad-Watch icon in the tray.
    • Open that and turn off "automatic".
    • There you have to change the homepage that you desire to be the homepage.
    • Click on the “Accept” for adding the Ad-Watch alarm.
    I hope that .this will solve the problem for you.