Thread: How to change FTP to HTTP

How to change FTP to HTTP

I wanted to transfer my work from office to home and for that I set up FTP site but now problem is that my office is not allowing access to the FTP sites its only allows access to HTTP site. Now I am looking to make HTTP network from FTP network, so that I can save my work from office to my home computer. If anyone having information on this then please reply me. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to change FTP to HTTP

There is reason that is, may be your office network is blocking port 21 due to that you cannot able to save your work. I have a solution on this, if you can make server that is using another port then it could work for you. I have tried this thing on my friend machine and it worked. I will advise you the same and I hope it help you to overcome you problem.

I have gone through your question and I have found a freeware called as Himachi which is thoroughly used for local area network. Using this you can gain access to HTTP if it in confines, you can use it for saving all your private data from office to home and vice versa. The entire thing inside this is unknown by others. I think you should get on your computer, if you are having any other queries then reply me.

There is a software named HTTP Tunneling of TunnelEX feature which is use to communicate client application with other network. This software uses HTTP proxy server, to work with external internet service avoiding firewall. This software uses HTTP proxy server for connecting TCP to the external host. As you have written that your office has HTTP server then this is very useful software for you.
    Last edited by DeMario; 12-11-2010 at 08:14 PM.