Thread: RockMelt browser not compatible with windows XP

RockMelt browser not compatible with windows XP

I have downloaded the RockMelt browser. I am unable to install the same RockMelt browser it on my windows XP. I am not knowing that is RockMelt browser is compatible with Windows XP or not. If anybody has gone with the same problem please suggest me how to solve this. Any suggestion related to this will be appreciated.

Re: RockMelt browser not compatible with windows XP

I think that RockMelt browser is compatible with Windows 7 as well as Windows Vista only. I am not sure that the RockMelt browser is compatible with Windows XP. It might be possible that you may have missed some steps, use windows uninstaller utility and try to uninstall all traces of RockMelt browser. Now download and installed the RockMelt browser the problem may get fixed

This RockMelt browser which you are using is the beta version. You have to wait for the full version of RockMelt browser till it gets released. So after the full version of RockMelt browser gets released you will not able to get the same problem with your RockMelt browser on your windows XP. Hope this will help you to understand your problem with RockMelt browser.

Can you say which bits windows XP are you running on your system? Because this problem might occur due to the windows XP bits what you are using on your system. It may happen that the beta version of RockMelt browser will not work on the 32 bits windows XP, so you must have to go for the windows XP 64 bits.

I am using the same Windows XP 64 bits on my system and then also I am facing the same problem with my RockMelt browser. Do anyone else have gone with the same problem of RockMelt browser with their Windows XP system please suggest me the correct solution to resolve this problem.

unsure Re: RockMelt browser not compatible with windows XP

Quote Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
    I am using the same Windows XP 64 bits on my system and then also I am facing the same problem with my RockMelt browser. Do anyone else have gone with the same problem of RockMelt browser with their Windows XP system please suggest me the correct solution to resolve this problem.
    I have the same problem with Windows XP and Rockmelt, I do have downloaded ROCKMELT and does work, but crashes a lot.
    I have put it down to 'Google Chrome' In my case. Rockmelt uses 'Google Chrome' not compatible with window XP3. If anyone has found a solution, any feed back greatly appreciated. Oh not very computer literate: