Thread: Windows Messenger Loading Issues

Windows Messenger Loading Issues

I am using the Windows system ever since I am using the computer and have been always using the Windows messenger for the chatting. But recently have got some problem with it. I have been using the Symantec Norton Security suite for the system of computer having Pentium 4. I had used the Symantec system restore on my computer and was working properly without any problem but recently it is displaying me a message that is showing me a notification of MSMGM.exe. Please tell me the solution for this problem as this message is shown to me continuously and getting on my nerves.

Re: Windows Messenger Loading Issues

The Solution for this is that you can go to the MSCONFIG and then shut down the Messenger notification then it should not further display any messages to you. As soon as you turn off the messenger option notification it will not display any messages to you further. but in this scenario you want be able to use the messenger and if you try to use the messenger then further the display of the messages will start, because you got to reactivate the Outlook Express account. So you got to have to chat with some other messenger.

And the other option for you people who is facing this problem is you have to got the Norton Security Suite and then in that you got to turn off the protection status of the messenger. This should solve the problem and never try to update the registry when you don't know what are you trying to do, because whenever you try changing the registry it will cause you notification problems that will never go unless you will uninstall the messenger from your system.

After doing all the above steps and if it does not work for your system then you can perform the below given disable steps for removing the messenger from your system:
    Go to the Start up menu in that go to the programs then to the programs option in that you have to go to the Windows Messenger in that the Tools section of the messenger in that you have got the option menu and then to the preferences. In the check-box option uncheck the program called the "Run this program when Windows Starts". This should solve the problem for you.

If all the above steps are useless for you then you can try to buy the Server backup processes that help you to Back-up all the files that are currently running in your system. By doing the back-up process you can also save all the important files to the system and also bring all the important changes for the messenger for if you have to re-install the messenger for removing any notification messages.

After performing the above step if also if the notification is still prevailing then you can perform the steps of disabling the msmsgs.exe by performing the simple steps:
    1. You got to open the Windows messenger window go into options of that and uncheck everything that you can in that.
    2. Create a .reg file with keeping the following thing inside:
    3. ----begin cut-------
    4. Windows registry Editor version 5.0
    5. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Messenger\Client]
    6. "PreventAutoRun"=dword:00000001
    7. "PreventRun"=dword:00000000
    8. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express]
    9. "Hide Messenger"=dword:00000002
    10. -----end cut----
    11. Save and double click in the options.
    12. And this will disable the msmsgs.exe