Thread: Sharing network with USB modem

Sharing network with USB modem

I have two computer, both are the HP computer. One is compatible the windows 7 and the other one is windows XP environment. Using the Linksys Wireless G Router for the internet service. Using the TATA Photon for the internet access. I use the USB connectivity for the internet connection. from some days the USB connectivity is not working properly. Anyone suggest me about the problem? How to connect the internet into my computer with the USB connectivity? Any information on this will be appreciated…

Re: Sharing network with USB modem

Check that the PC directly connects with the network. It working fine with the USB modem that you are using for the internet access. If this one is not working then make it properly working. Check the PING connection of the internet with the modem. Make sure that you are having the correct router setting with the network. you should check like the IPs, DNS and other internet stuffs, that are occupying in the network service. If all of them are correct then be sure that you can able to share the file through the network. in the configuration windows of the network you will found the option like the enable internet sharing on PC and the other one bridge the two connection. You can choice any one choice for the sharing the file in the network.

There is a utility which is use for the sharing the file in the network this offered by the Microsoft. Named as Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing in short it is known as ICS. It will allow you to connect more than one computer in the same network to share the file, but remember that there is some limitations are present to share the file. I recommend you to go for this, this will helps you share the file in your another computer, you can use this with the USB as well as the wired technique. You have to connect it with DSL modem or any other that you are using in our computer. It supports the operating system like the Windows XP, 98, Vista and also in the other versions of the windows.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

A dedicated which is used for the Broad band connection is more effective if you are going to share the file within two computers throughout the network. by this technique all the computer are connected in the network with the HUB or the SWITCH, that Switch is connected with the router. The Broadband router is comes with a very low price. It will provide a good network security feature. This technology is known as the NAT or the Network Address Translation. It having the cooling facility. The configuration process very simple like the other network router. While you configure that one it will automatically detect the necessary setting for the network setting.

In the Linux computer the Linux offers the greatest control in order to access the network via network modem. It will also track to the security and logging in the network server. Though the whole Linux operating system is designed for the security in the system with the faults which are comes from the network and to robust up the network service. It simply requires the Linux compatible computer with the router and the firewall which is comes with the operating system.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!