Thread: Homepage in Internet Explorer 9 cannot change

Homepage in Internet Explorer 9 cannot change

I have got the Internet Explorer 9 on my system and the thing is that I want to know a way by which I can have the home page on the same. Also in that I want to know by which I can do that here. Please help me guys here I have the Windows 7 on my system and I really want to get rid of the home page that is in the Internet Explorer 9. Well I am not a regular user of the Internet Explorer but yet I want to have the Home Page of the Internet Explorer Changed. I have tried to have the solutions from many other forums but could not help in getting the help from there. Any suggestions on this. I will be happy if I can get in any manner. Well the thing is that I need to have two browsers open at a time and if I will have that then I will have that on my side.

Re: Homepage in Internet Explorer 9 cannot change

I think that it will be nice if you can have the Internet Explorer 9 installed again on the system. I have seen that issues and I will be happy if you can have the reinstallation of the same on the system. In addition to that try this too. Go in the Registry of yours and go to the main start and then to the default pages in your profile. The profile registry is HKCU and the local machine registry is HKLM. In case of the Internet Explorer 8 it used to read the both and hence I would suggest you to take care of both of them. Also in addition to that I want you to delete the values that are in the HKLM that are for default search and for default page and also for the tart page.

Cannot Change IE homepage. Well what ever be the case I would suggest you to start with the basics and the only thing that I would suggest you to with is that have a look at the above thread and I am sure that the basic steps will really help you in having the control of the Home page of the Internet Explorer. Hope that will help you in the matter. See that and I am sure that the above thread will really help you in changing the Home page of the Internet Explorer 9. See that and let me know if that helped you.

Well from seeing at the situation of yours I would suggest you to follow the steps below and it will help you in changing the default page of the Internet Explorer. Well the steps below are are for the IE 8 and hence I think that it might work with the IE 9:
    • Click on the Start button and then launch the Internet Explorer
    • Once you do that successfully then go to the site which you wish to have as the Home Page for the Internet Explorer.
    • After that click on the arrow to the right of the Home Button
    • Now click on the Add or Change Home Page.
    • Then in order to have that page as the home page under the Add or Change Home Page click on the Use this webpage as your only home page.
    • Finally click on YES so that the changes can be saved.

Hope that this might help you in fetching the solution.

Well if you want you can have the Home Page change of the Internet Explorer 9 by changing the registry. Well let me warn you that modifying the Registry is very risky and if not done carefully then you might have to install the Operating System again. Just see the steps and let us know if that helped:
    1. Go to the Run box and type regedit.
    2. Then click on the Regedit.exe.
    3. There you might get a pop up for the Administrator password, just stick the password there and then click on the Continue.
    4. After that search for the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    5. After that click on New and then click on DwordValue.
    6. Then set the value 1 for the RunOnceComplete.
    7. After that close the Registry Editor.
    8. Restart the Internet Explorer and see if that changes the home page.