Thread: Redirected to Gomeo by Google Links

Redirected to Gomeo by Google Links

I have some problem with the google link. Whenever I go to google link then it redirects me to the gomeo which is a UK site. This is very strange for me because I have not seen such problem before. One of my friends suggested me to run Spybot and I did the same and found all the reports to clean and then also it is redirecting me to gomeo. Sometimes this also happens to Bing site and redirects the browser to gomeo but for google it does this always. Please help me if you have any idea about this.

Re: Redirected to Gomeo by Google Links

I think, I have solution for the problem that you are facing. To fix this issue, you have to go to C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log. Just check that log and see whether it contains any entry for Virus:Win32/Alureon.H or something similar to that. If you find any entry like that then you should remove that from the log. This may solve the issue that you are facing. This was the problem in my case and when I did this then it solves the problem for me.

Here is one more possible solution for this issue. Just go to start and select run. In the text box you have to type mrt.exe and hit Enter button. This will open a graphical user interface for the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool or for the August 2010. Click on next button and then select the quick scan. This may be useful for you to solve the problem for you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

There are many infections that can cause this problem of the redirections. Among these causes the most widespread causes is the TDL3 variant. This is belonging to TDSS malware family. This is rootkit and therefore many of the scanners are not able to detect that. You should use some special anti-rootkit programs. This program may help you to detect that. You can also use MS MRT tool and that can detect the variants like win32/alureon.

This issue may cause because of the virus attack to your system. There are many such viruses which affect the system and cause the problem like that. Just install a good antivirus on your computer and make sure that the virus definition for the antivirus is up to date otherwise it will not detect some viruses. Repair the files that are infected buy this. If that file is not able to repaired the you can delete that file but make sure that the file is not a system file and it is no longer needed to you. This is what I can suggest you.

Most of the time I have seen that it is browser specific. There may be the problem with the browser that you are using. Some of the files in the browser setup may be corrupted. Just uninstall the browser and install that again and see whether it solves the issue or not? If that cannot solve the problem then you can download a fresh copy of installer and install that with it. This will definitely solve the issue if that is related to the setup. Thank you.

Thank you very much to all of you for your replies. My problem was related to the virus attack and I used Mcafee antivirus software to scan my computer. Before that, I updated the antivirus and then went for scanning. It detected 145 threads from my computer and I repaired all of them. After that I rebooted the system and when I tried to link to the google site then it redirects me without any issue.