Thread: Facebook not accessible due to Untangle Web Filter

Facebook not accessible due to Untangle Web Filter

I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7. I have a Facebook account and was using it quite every well. Suddenly one day I noticed that I am not able to login or get access to the Facebook as I get a message that it has been blocked by Untangle Web Filter. I do not know what is this application and where did it come form. Please help me out so that I can make the issue to be sorted and work accordingly as needed. Please suggest me stops through which I can remove the web filter. Hope to get proper solution.

Re: Facebook not accessible due to Untangle Web Filter

It is basically a web filter application which actually blocks certain sites and do not allow to enter Malware affected sites. It enables administrators to enforce network usage policies and monitor user behavior and it also blocks time wasting sites like Myspace. It may be that someone might have downloaded the application so that such sites are not accessible. Login to admin account and try to uninstall the application. I am sure you may then be able to get access to facebook page. It may have been blocked.

As you need to get rid of the web filter that is been activated on your system it totally depends on how your filter works. If it is a simple DNS filter then you can make use of OpenDNS in order to request pages and to bypass the filter. Am sure this should work well for you. If it does not then you have to set up a proxy on your system using a Secure shell network protocol. As this is been done am sure you will be able to perform the task as required and process as needed. So setup a proxy and try to work as required.

Try using a proxy site and then look out whether you are able to work with the required aspect as needed. It will be helpful. basically Proxy site enable us to bypass our internet provider which is been navigated through proxy web site. You just have to type the site address that you need to visit and you have to start browsing. The form would be different. The time you keep browsing the new form you would be protected and your Ip address would not be logged in. So check out using the same. I am sure you will then be able to get access to facebook site by then. This would be the best way through which you can make the things to get worked.

I would suggest you to uninstall the program well from Control panel. That will be much better. You may then be able to work with the same that you want to without any issue. Follow the steps as mentioned below:

• You have to open Control panel by clicking on the start menu
    • Now open up Add/remove program option
    • then choose the desired application that you need remove
    • Click on remove button
    • You may now get a confirmation that the uinstallation of the application is been done
    • Now close the Window and restart the system

Hope the above steps help you out.

You can check out for the above solution that is been mentioned. As this is been done it will be helpful for you and can process out well for the change which is essential. Using a proxy site will be helpful or make use of OpenDNS. Creating a proxy on your own computer will be much more helpful. Am sure that will help you out for sorting the thing that is needed. Check out and work as required. It will be better for you.