Thread: Mozilla 3.6.8: asking for authentication

Mozilla 3.6.8: asking for authentication

Hey friends I need your help here. Actually here is anybody able to tell me that how to fix this trouble. In this issue the main problem is that whenever I type the "http://localhost". So at that time it requests me for username and password. But I want to tell you that in this I do not have set any kind of username and the Password. And also there is not any kind of username and the password I have set for my computer also. So in order to fix this what should I have to do or is what I have to put the numbers in to these fields. And also in this when I cancel this at that time it is not running the local host.

Re: Mozilla 3.6.8: asking for authentication

Hey I think there is not any kind of issue with the Mozilla Firefox. Sometimes this password and username set by the internet service provider. SO once you tell them for this issue so I hope if they set it so I hope they will give you at that time and if there is any other issue then I do not know related to this. So if you want then you check for this.

I am also facing this kind of issue but mine is little bit different. Actually in my case I am using my computer on the customer site. And in this to browse the internet there is an ISA proxy configured but in this I do not know that which kind of authentication it requires. So if anybody has solution of this then please help me.

Hey do not worry for this I have one solution for you but not sure whether it will work in your case or not. So you just set this option in
    1. about:config to false:
    2. network.negotiate-auth.allow-proxies

So after doing this you will find that your issue get fix.

Hey like you I have also gone through his issue but here I was lucky that I get the solution for this very soon. Actually regarding this I have talk to the internet service provider and ask the username and password for this. But in this it does not changed at all. And in this Firefox keeps asking me for the username and the password to use it. But after restarting this I got it fix. So if you want then you can try for this I hope it will work for you.