Thread: .htaccess file visibility from Macbook Pro

.htaccess file visibility from Macbook Pro

I am having some .htaccess files which has been used for the short bit of text in order to permit my PHP based website to make the folder available for all via ftp. But the problem is I am not able to see these files from my Macbook Pro. Is there any better way to make these files visible from my macbook so that it can help my website so that my colleagues can access them via FTP.

Re: .htaccess file visibility from Macbook Pro

I use different htaccess files for my website. Files with dot in front of it are seems to be hidden unfortunately in Mac OS X, what would be the first problem is Htaccess files are not even able to create a new one! Both SubEthaEdit and vim block have gone off and say that a system file is ...I have then resorted the file, clicked "htaccess" to name and then point to add the server until I noticed that Cyberduck (FTP) to rename files. Can anybody give me a solution to make Htaccess files to local memory / edited or is there any program with which makes it Easy to use and create a htaccess files? With VIM, I can open and edit existing at least but new one does not work.

.htaccess files are actually a web server and not FTP which are used for configuring the files which are placed in a definite web folders to override the web server's settings for www. For example a .htaccess file possibly will change your httpd.conf settings for a specific web folder but If you wish for a folder to be accessible publicly then you have to put the folder in root area of the web server or you may create sub folders into the document root. Now those files would be accessible using http.

Dot-files such as. Htaccess files are ordinary UNIX (Danny Cool wrote that already) and can also edit normally, if you own the rights to the file. These files are not visible which is a bad habit of the Mac OS but I guess user should be saved from too much complex technology. Any reasonable editor should fully display the contents of a directory. TextWrangler for example, which does so even in FTP / SFTP open directories with their own FTP / SFTP client. An edit of .Htaccess is so easily possible. The same applies to the well-known KDE Quanta, which comes through his affiliation LINUX which hides files from users. Admins and programmers are seems to be having lack of knowledge about existing files at a greater risk than the files themselves here you go some editor programmers probably still based on false target groups. The same goes for editors who are able to PHP highlighting, but the folder / Library / Webserver / Documents / can not open directly, because it is a system folder and should be hidden from the user.

I would be suggesting you to use the Filezilla which is a good and free FTP solution. Both a client and a server are available. FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. But many people have seen that after even using the FileZilla from the Macbook, .htaccess files are not visible on the server side as you do not see the file. Actually the file are there, but must be switched only "visible". To do so, open the program FileZilla and then click on View and select the "Show hidden files". Now you will be shown online on the server side. Htaccess file. So Simple!!!

Who uses Filezilla knows, the problem is that the. Htaccess files are not displayed and therefore can not be deleted. Thank hobby "webmasters" prepares you have problems, because they want to delete a folder, for example via FTP and it can not be deleted. Since no one knows why the first story does not work. Often, the basic one. Htaccess file that is not easily viewed. The other disadvantage is, "Who the mod_rewrite extension wants to use, can not control it. To make this htaccess files in Filezilla visible, for example, so as to delete the folder on the server must be able to make one small adjustment, Go to the Server -> Hidden files force "is simply the collection and display of hacking." Htaccess files is enabled with two clicks. You've got access to the .Htaccess files on his ftp server. And protected folders can be deleted, and much more.

BBEdit Lite is no longer supported, full version, however, is now reached version 8.6. However BareBones software will have 125 dollars. The trial will open the 50 MB file within a twitch of the eye, and, above all, it offers many options for the encoding. Just what I need. Quality costs money nunmal, I think me and whip out the credit card ever. But wait, there's a free place of BBEdit Lite, and that is TextWrangler . TextWrangler is a text editor which supports the standard functions such as syntax highlighting and search and replace with regular expressions and the joining of different file versions. TextWrangler can be used as FTP - SFTP, and client are used. TextWrangler can be extended in functionality with plugins.