Thread: Firewall or Internet connection shows connected but not connecting to Internet

Firewall or Internet connection shows connected but not connecting to Internet

I am using a desktop machine and have internet connection enabled to my system. the problem is that my Firewall internet connection shows that internet is connected. But when I try to browse it says not connected. I do not know what could have been causing this. Please help me out so that I can make the changes to be processed and work accordingly. Hope to get a better solution. I use Windows Xp.

Re: Firewall or Internet connection shows connected but not connecting to Internet

The issue could be due to the parameter which is not properly assigned and hence you are getting this problem. It is basically due to a missing or corrupted SharedAccess.reg file which represents Windows Firewall Service. There are certain steps and process which needs to be followed to make it work. All you need to do is to

• Click on start menu option and then in the run command type cmd and hit enter
    • You then have to type a command that is Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf and hit enter
    • now restart the system
    • You then have to again open the run command and type cmd and click ok
    • Now type the command Netsh firewall reset
    • As it is been done again perform the task that is open Run command and type firewall.cpl, and then press ENTER. You may then get a firewall dialog box and click on (Recommended). now click on Ok

Hope this helps.

Re: Firewall or Internet connection shows connected but not connecting to Internet

You may follow certain procedure in order to get the things to process out. You have to download a Windows firewall error repair tool. This will be better. You have to install the application that is repair tool. You then have to start the tool and then scan the system. Then click the repair all button again and then it will be done. Check out for the same which will be helpful for you. Do look out and process.

make the implementation that is follow the steps that is been mentioned in the second post. As this is been followed you may then work accordingly and get the execution to be done as required. You have to follow the steps and then process which will let you to perform. Try to reassign the parameters that is essential. You may then be able to get connected to internet. So check out.

Exclamation Re: Firewall or Internet connection shows connected but not connecting to Internet

I have a Dell inspiron 1501 and a mobile hotspot internet connection. I recently reset to.factory settings and was working fine. Then I downloaded cc cleaner, malwarebytes, and avast to protect from viruses etc. Now I can't connect to internet wirelessly. Says a firewall is blocking it. Help?????

This is because of antivirus which is blocking. Every antivirus comes with a firewall which blocks incoming connection especially a public connection which does has any kind of authentication support. You can configure the rules of Avast firewall and add the wifi connection under exception list. I have a small trick that can help you. If your system has a permanent connection then by modifying the AVAST.INI file you can disable the network check. Right click on this file and open in notepad. Look for [InetWD]. If you cannot find this then create a new one and then insert this AssumeAlwaysConnected=1. This file is located in C:\PROGRAM FILES\ALWIL SOFTWARE\AVAST\DATA.

Under exceptions, I tried typing the name of connection and IP address. Still not connecting. What is it exactly that I need to type under exceptions. It is not a permanent connection.

Avast is not a firewall. It’s just a antivirus program. if you dont comprise an additional program installed for example zone alarm or commodo subsequently your simply firewall is the pre installed microsoft individually which you will locate within the control panel beneath security centre. You suppose to be not ever turning this off. or you can perform in another way like you have to right click on a avast icon and from there you have to look for avast shields control..and from there you can disable your antivirus for some time.