Thread: Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on Mac

Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on Mac

I have the Mac Book for me and this is the first time I have got an Apple laptop for me. I am little bit uncomfortable with the User Interface of the operating system that it has. Well as the time will pass I am sure that I will be used to the UI. Now the thing is that when I was using the Acer Aspire I was having the Windows XP SP 3 on it and then I switched to this laptop. Well in the previous one I was having the Mozilla Firefox browser and I really loved the same. I want that thing on the MacBook too is it really possible to have the same thing. However if it is not possible then can I have at least the Internet Explorer instead. I am finding the browsers of the Mac Book also uncomfortable. Please suggest me on this particular topic. Is there going to be any security issues with the same and hence I should avoid them. Please suggest me appropriate solutions. Waiting for the replies from your side. Hope that I will receive suggestions soon.

Re: Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox on Mac

I do not think that you should go with the Internet Explorer. On the Mac Book I had read somewhere that we should avoid the use of the Internet Explorer on the Mac Book, but it is not that you can not have the same on the MacBook. Well in your post you had mentioned that you want to have the Mozilla Firefox as the first one on the preference list so the good news regarding the same is that you can have the same without any security issues. Just pay the visit to the official site of the Mozilla Firefox and while downloading the browser just make the selection for the Mac OS X download link. After that you will have the Firefox browser that you were having on the Acer Aspire. I think that you will be happy with this post.

I do not know about the Mozilla Firefox but I just want to say that if you are having the Windows 7 on your MacBook then the Mac OS X will install the and run the Internet Explorer. I f you do not have the same then you will not have the Internet Explorer for the Mac Book. If you have the Windows 7 or at least the Windows Vista or the Windows XP then Internet Explorer can be got using the open source application ies4osx. While doing that you will have to put some extra effort for the same. By using the ies4osx you will be able to run the Internet Explorer natively with the Mac OS X. You will not require any Parallels, Crossover or Bootcamp means to do the same.

Well if you want to have the Mozilla Firefox on the system as the first priority and if you are getting that too with fewer efforts then I think that you should move up with the same. Why should we go with the Internet Explorer when there are so many risks and so many problems and efforts? Just go to the official site of the Mozilla and then have your favorite browser that you want to have. There are no security issues with the same and you will see that working seamlessly. Download it, install it and then let us know if that is working in the similar manner.

Regarding the Internet Explorer, if you want to have the same on the Mac Book then here it is. Just follow the steps below and then you will have the Internet Explorer for you:
    Well the following procedure is for the Intel based processors:
    • If you are having the Leopard and the operating system is the Mac OS X 10.5.x then you will not have to install the X11 or else at the very first step you will have to install it.
    • After the successful installation of the X11 you will have to Download and install the Darwin 0.9.49_2.
    • Now open Darwin 0.9.49_2.
    • In the Application folder copy the Darwin there.
    • After that just install the ies4osx.
    • The final steps decide your browser and language and then click the play pin, here you will have to select whether you want to have the IE 5/6/7.
    • In the Application folder you will be able to see the new browsers.

Well I think that I have got the answer to my question and I think that I will go with the Mozilla Firefox. Also from the above discussion I have heard that if the browser that I am going to have is the Mozilla Firefox then I will have no problem with the security issues. So I think that I will have the Mozilla Firefox also now I would not at all go with the Internet Explorer. It will be nice if you can give me the steps of installing the Firefox for the Mac.