Thread: Lost choice bar option on web pages and e-mails

Lost choice bar option on web pages and e-mails

Hi all, everything with my computer was running fine for till last night. But from the last night, I am not able to get the options choice. For example if I want to run the spell check on any of my email then I am not able to get the options for that. All the options for that just remain blue. I have never seen this before and therefore I don’t have any idea about that. I have installed Windows XP on my system. If you have any idea about this then please tell me. Any helpful suggestion from anyone will be really appreciative.

Re: Lost choice bar option on web pages and e-mails

This problem may be because of the Java. There is possibility that it is not installed on your computer if it is installed then it may be of the older version. Make sure that the java which is installed on your computer is up to date. If you want to check the installation of the Java that you are using then you can click on the link below.

Verify Java version

This will help you to verify the java version that you are using and you can download the latest version from there after verifying.

This can also be caused by the browser’s add-on or plugin. You can check this by running the Internet Explorer without add-ons. If you want to test that then you can go to start > all programs > accessories > Internet Explorer no add-on mode. If you found that the things are going fine then you can again open the regular internet explorer and can use the "manage add-ons". You can disable/enable this from the tool menu till you get the exact reason for that.

This issue may also occur because if the temp files that are there on your system. Just delete all the temp files that are stored in your computer. Press the start button on your computer select run. There you have to type %temp% and hit the enter button. This will open a new window will all the temporary files listed. Just delete those files from there. If it cannot delete any of that file then let that file as it is because it may be needed to the system for some reason. Just do this and see whether it solves the issue or not. In many cases like this I have seen that it solves the problem. I hope that it will .solve the issue for you.

There is possibility that the security is set to high in the browser that you are using. To set that you have to go to Tools/Internet Options and this will open Internet Option window with many tabs on it. You have to select the security tab from there. In that you have to set the "Internet" no higher than medium/high. You should also make sure that the website is running in compatibility mode. You will see a small torn notepad like icon on the end of the address bar and then press the refresh button on your browser. Just try these two and this may solve the problem for you.

You can try to reset the Internet Explorer Settings and this may solve this problem. You can follow the steps that are given below to reset the settings.
    1. First of all you have to exit all the programs that you are running.
    2. For Windows XP, you have to click on the Start and select Run. Type “inetcpl.cpl” in that and press enter and this will open the Internet option.
    3. Select the Advance tab from that window.
    4. You will find the Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings. Click the reset button.
    5. Wait till the Internet finishes the resetting. Click on close button.
    6. Open the Internet Explorer again and see whether the issue gone or not.