Thread: Windows explorer jump list disappear

Windows explorer jump list disappear

My windows explorer jump list disappears and I try to find its solution on Internet but did not found an answer. It only shows that windows explorer unpins from taskbar close all windows. I have not installed ccleaner or any other such application and do not have made any changes to any settings. Jumplist just disappear one day to another and other jump lists are working fine such as windows media player, google chrome. Do you have any suggestion to this problem? I have also unpin windows explorer from taskbar and in start menu list are not displayed. Is I am only the person who is having such issue and there is no solution to this issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: Windows explorer jump list disappear

I too have this issue and get resolved by doing the following changes. You just need to delete the files in the folder:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
    After deleting this folder restart your computer and begin to use windows explorer. You will not find it if you try it normally browse. So you must get there by typing full path without the %appdata% variable. I did not see it is necessary to reboot as the changes are immediate.

Move the from Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations this folder to the temporary folder somewhere else. Jumplists of all the application including windows explorer are now empty. Now pin something to the windows explorer jumplist. One new file will appear in the folder. This is the name of the file that is controlling the jumplist of that application. Delete this file from the temporary folder where you have moved it. Now move the remaining files to their original location. And this will restore the jumplist of all other applications and you will have to rebuild the one. If you are having backup of your drive then you can restore this files from this directory, in this case you will not have to reconstruct the list.

I would suggest you to try using system restore to restore your computer to an early time where you do not have this issue. Go to start menu and select start and type cmd from result and Right click CMD and select to run as administrator. Open a command prompt window and type sfc /scannow. This will check for any integrity violations. Restart you system and try to access the jump list again. If this does not work then perform below:
    1. Insert Windows 7 DVD
    2. And Restart system
    3. Select to boot from your DVD drive
    4. select your language, click Next.
    5. Click 'Repair your computer'
    6. Select operating system which you want repair.

I've attempt all the above three solutions i.e, system restore, the scan from cmd and the repair option but the trouble was not solved. The windows explorer jump list is still not appearing it is really disappointing to me as I use this feature too much. Do you have any other suggestions.
    I can not recognize how it disappeared without any reason. I try login the guest account and I find that as "guest" the windows explorer jump list is working fine. So I think that is a bit about my user's profile that possibly get corrupted.

I have noticed this problem appearing to a lot of people and I have not up till now establish a definitive fix for the issues approximately pinning and jumplists is disappearing.I am also facing this trouble from last two weeks.I am not satisfied just creating and transfer to a new User Account without significant real problem. I have three systems and my brother is having a laptop as well as I have an intel laptop. Visualize creating 4 sets of new Users - only to find that the trouble reappear after few days on all the system.

Just two step to get rid of this issue:
    Step 1) Go to below location: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\
    Step2) Rename files to any other name: 1b4dd67f29cb1962.automaticDestinations-ms
    After performing these steps just plug in to windows explorer and now this will work fine.
    One more thing run the below command in command prompt(CMD) or delete the file manually:
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\1b4dd67f29cb1962.automaticDestinations-ms. Hope this will solve you issue.