Thread: slow web browsing on windows 7 64bit

slow web browsing on windows 7 64bit

I have bought new PC for me. It does not have very high configuration on it. I have installed the win7 64bit. I found that the internet speed is very slow as compared to the other computers of my friends who have the same configuration as in mine. I plugged that to my old computer which was running Windows Vista 32 bit and I felt that the net speed is faster in that. In windows 7 64 bit, internet explorer and chrome takes more time to load the pages. This is very frustrating for me. I cannot handle slow internet. Please help me so that I can get out of this issue.

Re: slow web browsing on windows 7 64bit

There may be the problem with the router that you are using. There are some routers which are not compatible with the win7 64bit. Just check for the router that you are using to connect to internet. You can switch to some other router but before that confirm that they are compatible with the win7 64bit. You can also check the router that your friends are using and go for that. This will also be a god idea to get the best router for you which is compatible with the win7 64bit.

There may be no of possible reasons for this problem. But the most important one which I have seen in many of such cases causing problem is the ethernet drivers. The driver that you are using may be out dated or not functioning properly and therefore you are getting slow internet speed. I would like to suggest you to uninstall the driver that is installed on your computer and install that again. See whether it solves the problem or not? If issue went away then it is fine and if you are still getting the error then you can search for the latest driver available on internet. You can download and install that in your computer. This will definitely solve the problem if that is related to the Ethernet driver. This is the first thing that you should check for if you are getting problems like that.

Have you installed any antivirus software to your system? I am asking this because there is possibility that the antivirus that you are using is running the real time protection and that is making the internet speed slow. Check for the real time protection and check by making it disable. If that is not the case then there is one more possibility that you have installed more than one antivirus software in your system and that is creating problem for internet speed.

I was also facing the similar problem earlier. I tried many things to solve that but this was attached to my computer. After that one of my friends told me that it may be any virus that is making the browser slow and I have to scan the entire system with latest antivirus. According to his suggestion, first of all I updated the antivirus that I was using and after that I scanned the whole system with that. I found some files that were affected by the virus. After that I rebooted the system and when I tried to use the browser and open some sites then I found that the speed was increased to a great extends. You should also give it a try and I hope that this will solve the issue for you also.

This may be the problem with the service provider that you are using. You told that your friends are getting more speed than yours and they have the same computer configuration like you. You should check for the provider that they are using. I am sure that they must be using some different provider. To solve the issue for you, you should contact the service provider of yours and ask them for the issue. This will be the best way to get the solution for the problem that you are facing. They are the experts and will tell you the reason and the best way to solve this.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

In such case, you can try this, just go to the control panel and open the network and internet. In that you have to open the network and sharing center and there at the left side you will be able to see the "change adapter settings". Open that and ensure that there is only one and if you have more than one then you should delete others. If you have configured the router as 7 then you will be able to see more than one because it does that automatically. Well, this solve the problem for me and this may help you also.

I think that you should go to the device manager and see whether windows find a better ethernet driver. To do that, you have to right click on computer and select Manage. This will open the computer management window and from the left panel select the device manager and click on the arrow next to network adapters. After that you have to right click on the drop down list and select update driver automatically. I think that this will solve the issue for you.