Thread: My hard drive space decreases, when I sign in using Cricket wireless USB internet

My hard drive space decreases, when I sign in using Cricket wireless USB internet

I have changed my USB internet to the Cricket wireless USB. I have purchased this device 2 days before. After using this device i am able to see that my hard drive space is declining down. This thing happens, when i am signed in. I have tried to clean my catch and even the log files, but not able to solve the issue. Even i have tried to make a search of new files, but getting any such files. If anyone has any solution related with this issue, then please try to post it here. I will be very much please if you provide me the solution. Thanks

Re: My hard drive space decreases, when I sign in using Cricket wireless USB internet

I will recommend you to try the following steps in order to solve the issue.
    1. Try to reboot the system.
    2. If the problem is not getting solved out, then you will require using the OmniDiskSweeper which helps in finding the large and invisible files. Using this you can find the invisible files and then delete it.
    3. If still the problem is not getting solved after rebooting, then you will need to reinstall the operating system.

Hope it will help you out.

Re: My hard drive space decreases, when I sign in using Cricket wireless USB internet

I was also getting the same problem on my computer by using the Cricket wireless USB modem. I have tried to reboot the system, but it was not helping me in increasing my hard drive space. Then i tried to make the use of OmniDiskSweeper. Using this i was able to find an invisible file from my hard drive, after that i deleted the file and was successfully able to solve the issue. It was really a nice solution as it solved my problem. Now i will like to thank you for your post.
    Last edited by Solomon; 01-11-2010 at 10:20 PM.

I think the problem you are facing is because there may be some issue with the software which is writing the log files. In order to find these files you will require making the use of software which will list all files on the hard drive. After you find the files you can perform a sorting on the files on the basis of their date of creation & modified. Once you do this, now you can find the file which is taking hard drive space. Delete the file. Try out this solution and see what you get. I think your problem will get solve out after trying this solution.

I am also getting problem with my Cricket USB. The problem was that, it was writing files to my asl file and the size of the files are about 90MB. I am now looking to free my hard drive space. I have tried to implement the above solution of finding the files, but i am not able to find any such files on my HD. If you have any other suggestions related with this issue, and then please post your reply as early as possible. I will also like to thank you posting your previous reply.