Thread: Not able to copy contents from Internet Explorer 8

Not able to copy contents from Internet Explorer 8

I am using Windows 7 on my desktop and the problem is that I am not able to copy the contents from websites. I use Internet Explorer 8 as my web browser. I have tried a lot but I am not able to copy the contents. When I right click on by selecting the text I do not get the option for Copying. What could be the reason for this. Please help me out as I am not able to get sort of the thing. Hope to get a better solution which will let me to perform the act that is needed.

Re: Not able to copy contents from Internet Explorer 8

I suppose that you are not clicking on the proper area where it needs to be done. You have to right click inside the highlighted text instead of left or right clicking on little blue icon which pops up to the left of highlighted text. As you have performed accordingly to the same it will surely be helpful for you and make the issue to be sorted. This is necessary. So perform for the thing that is assisted and hence you can copy the content well.

Is this problem to all the sites that you perform or some particular site. It could be that you are performing the act with the sites that have restricted the user to copy contents. There are many such sites which do not allow the user to copy or paste the contents and hence you are facing the same problem. So in order to function out well do check out whether you are able to copy the content from other site as well. Also you can make use of Ctrl+C if it is functioning. I hope this may allow you to copy the content. Check out and let us know if you are not able to solve the issue.

No this is issue is not with particular website. It happens to all sites were I try to perform the act. I do not know what could have been causing this. Please help me out so that I can make the changes to be functioned and work well as needed. I have also tried the solution as mentioned that is by deveritt but still I am not able to get sort of the thing. Still the same problem. Is there any other way through which I can make it work.

There is a possibility that the issue is with the browser. I would suggest you to make use of another browser and then look out for the change which will be better for you. Try to make use of Mozilla Firefox or Opera browsers and then check whether you are able to get the same issue. Else try to reinstall the browser that is Internet Explorer that you are using Go to Control panel option then check out in add/remove program option and select the application which is needed to be removed. Then restart the system and install the fresh new copy of the same. I hope this will let you to get sort of the issue.

Run the Internet Explorer Application well under no addons mode and then check for the output. It could be that some addons may be restricting the content to be copied. this can be sorted out well by just managing or making the browser to function under No addons mode. Follow the steps a mentioned below to make it work.
    1. Go to start menu and click on it
    2. Now go to all programs option
    3. Then go to Accessories
    4. Now yoy may get an option as System tools
    5. Click on Internet Explorer (No addons)

Check out by opening the site and then look for the issue. I hope you may then be able to perform the task.

Run a repair of Internet Explorer and you may then be able to solve the issue. I had the same issue and I resolved it by performing a repair. Other than that you can function well by uninstalling the application and then make the installation of the new copy under safe mode. Run the system under safe mode and install the same. Now restart the system and then execute application in normal mode. I hope this will be better.