Thread: Google Chrome stopped working on Windows 7

Google Chrome stopped working on Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 operating system on my laptop. Afterwards the successful whenever I want to use the Chrome the problem that it comes across is that it gets installed completely but suppose I want to use the Chrome after installing it the browser gets loaded the first time and then I want to use it the next time it stops working saying that some file has been corrupted and afterwards the chrome window disappear.

Re: Google Chrome stopped working on Windows 7

From last few days I was facing some problem from Google Chrome. The chrome window was displayed but it could not display the Webpage and showing an error message that the files have been corrupted. To overcome this problem I tried to uninstall the chrome application and also I have disabled the Plugins. I installed the chrome application and also checked the proxy setting. Then after restarting the system and when I opened the chrome browser it started working.

Before installing the chrome browser I would suggest you to first scan your system with a good anti-virus such as Kaspersky, AVG etc. because if there is a virus in your system then there might be a possibility that your chrome files might get corrupted and it may also slow down your System’s performance. After the successful scanning install the chrome application and then restart your system. Chrome will be working efficiently.

I think that you must have not installed the Google Chrome application well so in that case you can follow these steps so that it can be installed in a proper way:
    • Right click on the chrome icon from where you want to launch it then select the tab named Properties.
    • Click on the Target button.
    • Click on enable logging and set the log-level=0.
    • A new log file will be created named as chrome-debug.log
    • After the log file is created paste it here.

I am sure that by following these steps you can work with your Google chrome.

jimmycthomas Guest

After installing Google chrome please update your System also go for browser update. Because Google has made some update in browser(chrome) so i recommend you go for update manually.
    Last edited by jimmycthomas; 01-11-2010 at 12:13 PM.

There are few things that I would you to see for so that chrome can work in an efficient way. Just have a look at the following:
    1. Disable your firewall or you can also change the firewall settings so that it can work with chrome application.
    2. Try updating your antivirus so that it can detect malware from your system. you can also try different antivirus.
    3. You can disable the proxy server that connects your system to the outside network because proxy server handles incoming traffic and it can prevent from loading WebPages.

Different kinds of browser use different kinds of proxy settings such as proxy settings for Firefox is different from Google chrome. We can check the Proxy settings in the following manner:
    • Go to Wrench menu.
    • Under the hood. Click on Change proxy settings.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Click on Ok button.