Thread: Does facebook developers plays with user privacy

Does facebook developers plays with user privacy

Hello to all the facebook users, this is something really serious, I recently heard that the application developers of the leading social networking sites that is FaceBook is selling user information to the data brokers. Is this true, and if it is then they must be using our private information for all the wrong reasons.
    I have also heard that the application developers are being paid adequate amount by the brokers for giving away user details. This is really a prime concern for almost all the user worldwide as there is almost everyone of all age groups using this Social networking site, so if the data is really sold then the depth of the misuse can be quite deep. Can any one help to reserve our rights of information such that no one can access it or let Facebook take some serious action on not allowing anyone access any private information through anyone.

Re: Does facebook developers plays with user privacy

Yes my friend even i have heard the same news that the Facebook application developers are selling users rights of privacy to the data brokers and also the developers are getting paid huge amount for the same. This is really a prime cause for Facebooks data integrity of all the user. Going by the amount of users it has been attracted for all these years, I think that this Facebook has really lost the way of giving the users their right to privacy.
    Even if now the Facebook comes up with a new strategy for reserving the users data, there will still be some reluctants from the user to access and upload their private information.

Re: Does facebook developers plays with user privacy

The social networking giants has accused developers for selling the user id to the data brokers by being paid for it. Now they have started taking some serious action against its developers. All the developers who have be accused for this has been suspended. Facebook has also determined that no private user data was sold and confirmed that transfer of these UIDs did not give access to any private data and also confirmed that there wont be any such malpractices with the user data. So I think as of now the situation is under control and we should not worry much.