Thread: How to use internet explorer to access the Windows Update Website

How to use internet explorer to access the Windows Update Website

I am using internet from very long ago. But I can’t find the solution for this problem. When I am working in my windows OS, I think it’s older or predated. So I want to update my windows. But how? I really don’t know how to do this or where to do this. I don’t have any idea to update my windows. And I don’t know, how to use internet explorer to access the Windows Update Web site. So please someone provide me for hint or some help, how can I do this?

Re: How to use internet explorer to access the Windows Update Web site

The Windows Update client program concludes a proxy server through using the subsequent technique, if you are working in Internet Explorer to access the Windows Update Web site. Configure the Internet Explorer to detect settings automatically. This is the one technique you can use in this case. If the check box of “Automatically detect settings” is elected in IE, the Windows Update client utilizes the WPAD (Web Proxy Auto-Discovery) attribute to place a proxy server. To analysis the check box of “Automatically detect settings”, follow some easy steps:
    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Click on the Tools menu, and open the Internet Options.
    3. After opening that click the Connections tab.
    4. By using a proxy server if you connect to the Internet on the LAN (local area network), click LAN Settings.
    5. For a dial-up connection or a VPN (i.e. virtual private network) connection by using a proxy server if you connect to the Internet, clicks on to facilitate connection, and then click on Settings.

I have one method for this. To make use of an automatic design or configuration script Internet Explorer is configured. If the below circumstances are correct, the Windows Update client situates the proxy server by processing the automatic configuration script:
    • The “Use automatic configuration script” check box is chosen in Internet Explorer.

To view this, follow these following steps:
    1. Initiate Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools, get on on the Internet Options- Connections tab.
    3. If you join or connect to the Internet by using a proxy server on the LAN, then select LAN Settings. If you connect to the Internet by make use of a proxy server for a dial-up connection, open that connection, and at the end click Settings.

There is one very useful method for this issue is: Arranged IE by using a user-defined proxy server importance. If the below situations are proper, the Windows Update client utilizes the user-defined proxy server to connect to the Internet. To find out the user-defined proxy server value, there are some steps are there:
    1. In the Internet Explorer click on Tools menu, and perform Internet Options.
    2. Open Connections tab.
    3. Click on LAN Settings, click the connection presently over there, and then click Settings.
    4. Note the value which emerges in the Address box below Proxy server.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

There is one process for this is No proxy server is configured. If the following listed environments are exact, the Windows Update client tries to connect to the Windows Update Web site unswervingly:
    • No proxy server is constructed by using the “Proxycfg.exe tool”.
    • No proxy server is manually distinct in Internet Explorer.

In this situation, the Windows Update client cannot productively or successfully connect to the Windows Update Web site, if a proxy server is necessary to connect to the Internet.