Thread: Are 64 bit browsers good to use as default?

Are 64 bit browsers good to use as default?

Well this question just struck my mind and I thought that it will be better if I can have the answer discussed here. I have seen that now-a-days 64 bit versions of the operating system are coming up and at the same time they are even dominating the operating system era. So can you all please tell me if the same is possible with in the case of the browsers as well? Let me clarify the question can 64 bit browsers can be used for all the default purposes as that we are using 32 bit browsers today. I use the Internet Explorer 8 64 bit and the only thing that I want to say about it is that it really works fine with all the sites that I open, even I do not find any problem with playing the videos on the YouTube. It just keeps on working well until and unless it encounters any massive issue. So finally has the stage or the platform set so that we can use the 64 bit browsers instead of the 32 bit? Please let me know and place your suggestion on the same.

Re: Are 64 bit browsers good to use as default?

If you will ask me I do not think that the time has come so that we should ask the 64 bit browsers to come and play in the place of the 32 bit browsers. I use the Internet Explorer 9 and that too 32 bit one, now the thing is that it is quite steady and fast when compared with its 64 bit counterpart. It (32 bit version of the Internet Explorer 9) outperforms the 64 bit version in almost every field and in almost all the conventional area. The only filed in which I have seen the 64 bit version dominating the field is the field of the security. So if at all you are thinking much about the security then you can go for the 64 bit one but I am of the opinion that if at all you want to use the browsers seamlessly then it is advisable to stick to the 32 bit one.

I am even in complete agreement to what Jackson2 has said. I am also using the 32 bit version of the Firefox and in the middle I was using the 64 bit version of the same. When I was using the 64 bit version at first I found that it was working well as that of the previous version but later I found that on some site it was having problem in running seamlessly. On some of the video sites I have seen that the 64 bit version was hanging a lot. So I would suggest you not to go with the 64 bit version. The 64 bit versions are not advantageous at this juncture of the time. So in just one line I would just conclude that stick to the 32 bit and I am sure that it will serve you in a better manner.

I have the results of some of the tests that was performed on the Internet Explorer 9 32 bit and the Internet Explorer 9 32 bit using the Java Script speed tests. Actually there was two tests that were performed on both the versions 32 bit and the 64 bit. However in the first go it was observed that the 32 bit version of the Internet Explorer 9 defeated the 64c bit counterpart and then after some time when the Java Script test was repeated again on both the versions of the Internet Explorer 9 again the 32 bit version won the race with a clear margin. So in the conclusion part it was seen that the Java Script needs some what more time to run on the 64 bit browsers. The 32-bit version of IE9 is much more quicker for Java Script than a 64-bit one.

I am partially against all the things that have been said here at least in the case of the Mozilla Firefox. I have some statistics that says that the 64 bit version of the same is far far better than the 32 bit counterpart and hence I think that it will be great if you can have a try on the same. I have seen that the 64 bit version of the Mozilla Firefox has dominated in all the fields when compared with the 32 bit version. Let it be the case of the security or the Java Script run test it has found itself a satisfactory victory in all the aspects. So if you are thinking of having the 64 bit version of the Firefox then I think that it will be a great idea with respect to the Firefox. Try your hand don the same and let me know how you feel regarding the same.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain