Thread: Name gets reset to Windows Live ID Username on my Windows Live Messenger

Name gets reset to Windows Live ID Username on my Windows Live Messenger

Hello,
    I am using one Year old Macbook air and the latest version of Windows Live Messenger software. Today when i signed in to my Windows Live Messenger account, then i started hitting a problem with my messenger. The problem is that my display name gets reset to the first name of my Windows Live profile. I have tried to change it, but it is getting reset to the same. I am also getting one problem i.e. my profile picture and personal message are being reset. This thing happens when i sign in and sign out from my account. Now i really frustrated with this problem. Does any one have any solution for this problem? Please do recommend me the one.

Re: Name gets reset to Windows Live ID Username on my Windows Live Messenger

Even i am also getting the same problem on my system. Every time i login in my account i see that my display name is changed. So every time i need to change my display name. I am getting tired with this problem. I am currently using macbook pro, latest version of Windows Live Messenger software and mac os x 10.6.2. Can anyone suggest me the solution for this problem? I will be waiting for your reply, so please help.

I think you will require contacting to the Windows Live Messenger Technical Support Team. I order to do this you will first require go to the site which i am providing here.http://support.live.com .There you have to select the “Windows Live Messenger” on the left hand side. After doing this you will need to select the version of your Windows Live Messenger software. You can select any of the topics on the site. Then you have to click on the option Get more help, which is present down the right side corner of the page. Then click on Get support. Here you will have to fill e-form and after filling the form you must click on the submit button. Try this solution and send me your reply on this solution. I hope that it will solve your problem.
    Last edited by ADJATAY; 29-10-2010 at 09:31 AM.

I will advise you to go through the following steps in order to solve the issue.
    1. Remove the Windows Live Messenger software
    2. Restart the system.
    3. Install the messenger software again.
    4. If this does not help, then try to download the new software from the internet and then install it.
    5. You can also try to reinstall the OS.

I hope that this will help you out in fixing your issue.

I was also getting the same issue. Before i was trying to contact to the windows live support team, but was not finding the proper way. After referring you post and followed all your steps and finally got help from the support team and with that help i was able to get my problem solved. Now i am able to run my Windows Live Messenger without any problem. So the suggestion which you provided to me was really a nice one. I would like to thank you for providing such a support to me.
    Last edited by The-Don; 29-10-2010 at 09:50 AM.

I have tried to follow the instruction given by Chomu2. I have got the require support from the windows live support team and i have solved my problem and the windows live is running well now. It was really a nice advice as it did solved my problem and even it saved my precious time. I would also like to thank you for providing me your kind support.