Re: Windows Live Essentials 2011 couldn't install Error 0x80040705
To determine the problem and solve it you have to first uninstall the Windows Live Essentials 2011 that you have downloaded and then follow the beneath steps to get the proper solution;
- First perform the Windows Update from the Microsoft Website by going in to the Windows update section.
- After that you need to Uninstall Windows Live Essentials 2011 from the system.
- Then Browse your computer to C:\\Program Files then remove the Windows Live folder if it is not deleted from there.
- Then you need to disable third party firewall, these firewall should be enabled after the installation has done.
- Then Reset browser settings by going in the internet explorer browser that you are using.
- After that you need to restart the laptop.
- Finally Download and install Windows Live Essentials from the Microsoft Website to complete the process.
I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
known to man kind: Human Brain