Thread: Windows live error: An error is preventing the photo from being displayed

Windows live error: An error is preventing the photo from being displayed

I use windows live account for exchanging all my mail but yesterday i was getting error while opening the pictures in my windows live. When i clicked to open the picture a message is pop up that says error is preventing to open the pictures but there is not mention the error code. I can only see the thumbnail of the images. I don't know what should i do to fix this problem. Any suggestion will appreciate, thanks in advance.

All this is happens due to the corrupted database which is keeps the records of all your picture and videos, and I think this can be solved by renaming the database file. For that first close windows live photo gallery and then click on the start button on the task bar to open the run. In the run window type %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Photo Gallery and then tap on OK, a window will open that is having all the files related to the database. Search for the Pictures.pd6 file and rename it to the .bak file and then again start the windows live photo gallery.
    Last edited by Techno01; 28-10-2010 at 12:17 PM.

I think you windows live photo gallery is not working properly, I advise you to repair work it fine again to your computer. You just have to go in control panel where all the programs which are installed on your machine are listed, open it and then click on the add and remove programs a list of programs will pop up select the windows live photo gallery and click on the button. Two options will come for removing and for repairing the program, click on the repair and then after that repair process will start. And after repairing the program you can again make it use properly. I hope this information may help you.

I was getting the same problem then I search about this and I found that all this is occurring because of bug, for that did some settings in my color management. I also suggest you the same things to do, just click right button of mouse on the desktop and then go to the personalize and select the display settings in that there is an option for the advanced setting, click on it and the open the color management tab. Click on the default button in the tab to set all the settings to default and then select apply.

If you not fix this problem then in advice you should visit the Microsoft. In my point view there can be several reasons for this and as you have written that the error code is not mention. To get the solution on this visit the Microsoft site. On this site you can find the solution on your problem. I have provided you the link for that site www.microsoft.com follow this link to find your answer.